Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Willkommen auf forum.metallicafan.de – die deutsche METALLICA-Community!
Das Forum war Teil der Community von METALLICAfan.de, Deutschlands meistbesuchtester METALLICA-Fansite.
METALLICAfan.de hat nach über 11 Jahren Ende 2010 die Seiten geschlossen. Dieses Forum bleibt weiterhin erhalten. Wir freuen uns auf viele spannende Diskussionen rund um METALLICA, Metal, u.v.m.!
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 12 Antworten
und wurde 761 mal aufgerufen
 Allgemeines
S.O.D Offline

ME†AL MESSIAH

01.07.2003 12:31
Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist Meinung über METALLICA Antworten

Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist: New METALLICA 'Represents Everything Wrong With The Music Business'

Former TESTAMENT guitarist Alex Skolnick, whose previous group was once considered to be among the natural successors to the San Francisco Bay Area metal throne held by METALLICA, has slammed his one-time heroes, calling their latest opus, "St. Anger" a "sloppy mess" and insisting that Hetfield and Co. "represent everything wrong with the music business."

Asked by a fan on his official message board at http://www.alexskolnick.com if he's heard METALLICA's newest effort, Skolnick writes, "I must point out that when . . . I [and the rest of my band, THE ALEX SKOLNICK TRIO] heard ['St. Anger'] on the radio [in early June], we were all in disbelief. It sounds like the whole thing was pasted together using Pro Tools and the band didn't even play together in the studio. The once-powerful guitar and drum sounds have been replaced with nu-metal-like samples and thin tones. There is no unity or cohesiveness to the songs. Some of them are downright funny, as if 'Saturday Night Live' was doing a skit making fun of them.

"If [METALLICA] really wanted to recapture their old energy, they should have gone back to the garage and got in touch with who they once were," he continued. "This album represents what they are now: a sloppy mess (albeit one with a lot of wealth and power). Lars Ulrich once said that BON JOVI's music represents everything wrong with the music business. The same can now be said of METALLICA. I don't mean to be so negative here, but as a one time fan of the band, and even knowing them a little from the Bay Area scene at one time, it's sad to see the that all the integrity which they prided themselves on is gone."

When questioned if he would ever consider going back to his early thrash roots, Skolnick responded, "I'd like to think that I've comfortably moved on to a new place, both musically and personally. I have no interest in proving I'm who I used to be. Why? Because I think I have something relevant to say NOW.

"Even though [THE ALEX SKOLNICK TRIO] does music that is labeled as 'acoustic jazz,' in some ways it has more in common with the early METALLICA than their latest album. Why? Because it's a group of guys playing live in the studio and all production and mixing is done in such a way as to preserve that quality. Great albums, whether by MILES DAVIS or LED ZEPPELIN, GIL EVANS or VAN HALEN, have had that 'live' energy as did the early METALLICA. Bad pop records are the ones that completely lose that quality and sound like studio projects. It may just be my opinion, but I feel that the new METALLICA (like most 'nu metal') qualifies as the latter."

As previously reported, THE ALEX SKOLNICK TRIO will be teaming up with MARTY FRIEDMAN (ex-MEGADETH) and OHM (featuring ex-MEGADETH guitarist Chris Poland) for a short U.S. tour beginning in early September. Click here to see a list of currently confirmed dates.

Bye S.O.D
http://www.humandeath.de©
http://www.paniczone.de.vu©

Old School Metal forever.†.666.†.

-Orion- Offline

Godfather of Metal

01.07.2003 13:34
#2 RE:Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist Meinung über METALLICA Antworten

Ich frag mich was er mit diese Pro Tools meint und warum die Songs seiner Meinung nach nicht wirklich zusammen eingespielt worden,also das trifft auf ziemlich viele Alben die ich habe vielleicht zu,aber bei St.Anger kann ich es beim besten Willen nicht hören.

The creeping Death Offline

The Prince/Princess

01.07.2003 15:26
#3 RE:Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist Meinung über METALLICA Antworten

Man merkt eben doch immer wieder, dass der Heavy Metal, seine Fans und seine Musiker, der intoleranteste und primitivste Bereich im gesamten Musik-Genre ist.
---

never free - never me

panteraxxl Offline

Inhuman Dunkelthron Miesepeter

01.07.2003 18:29
#4 RE:Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist Meinung über METALLICA Antworten

hö? naja... eher ein wenig kritisch.... der kerl labert schließlich kein bullshit... auch nicht, wenn man anderer meinung ist.

Lieblings:
-gitarrist: Michael Romeo (Symphony X)
-schlagzeuger: Gene Hoglan (Death)
-basser: Cliff Burton (Metallica bis 1986/seinem Tod)
-sänger: Russ Anderson (Forbidden)

Vic Rattlehead Offline

Scary Guy/Gal

03.07.2003 16:46
#5 RE:Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist Meinung über METALLICA Antworten

mit den Pro Tools ist das so gemeint, dass Metallica die Riffs mirt den pro Tools mal so mal so zusammengesteckt, nunja, wenn man mich fragt hört man dass auch bei St.Anger etwas. Des lied entsteht nichmer als einzelnes stück, da entstehen nen Haufen riffs die am ende so zusammengefügt werden wie man meint es könnte passen, am ende klingt dann alles gleich

A Tout le monde, a tout mes amies
Je vous aime , Je dois partir
These are the last words, I´ll ever speak
and they´ll set me free

integrale Offline

Stone Cold Member

04.07.2003 01:18
#6 RE:Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist Meinung über METALLICA Antworten

mal ehrlich !!
wen interessiert die meinung von alex s. ???
der ist doch froh, dass er überhaupt mal wieder was sagen darf.
er nimmt für sich in anspruch sich weiter zu entwickeln, spricht dies metallica aber indirekt ab.
depp !!
1. metallica sind pros und dürfen deshalb auch protools benutzen.
2. sich darüber zu beklagen das sie die cd nicht als gruppe aufgenommen haben ist ja schon als dumm dreist zu bezeichnen.

panteraxxl Offline

Inhuman Dunkelthron Miesepeter

04.07.2003 09:17
#7 RE:Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist Meinung über METALLICA Antworten

In Antwort auf:
metallica sind pros und dürfen deshalb auch protools benutzen.

den zusammenhang kapier ich nciht.. protools ist doch einfach nur ein studio-system.. was hat das mit profi oder nicht profi zu tun? (weiß du was protools ist?)

Lieblings:
-gitarrist: Michael Romeo (Symphony X)
-schlagzeuger: Gene Hoglan (Death)
-basser: Cliff Burton (Metallica bis 1986/seinem Tod)
-sänger: Russ Anderson (Forbidden)

integrale Offline

Stone Cold Member

04.07.2003 13:22
#8 RE:Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist Meinung über METALLICA Antworten

das war ein "wortwitz" !! nicht ganz ernst gemeint, aber natürlich dürfen metallica alle tools benutzen, die es gibt.
ich seh da eher kein problem.

S.O.D Offline

ME†AL MESSIAH

04.07.2003 15:10
#9 RE:Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist Meinung über METALLICA Antworten

In Antwort auf:
mit den Pro Tools ist das so gemeint, dass Metallica die Riffs mirt den pro Tools mal so mal so zusammengesteckt, nunja, wenn man mich fragt hört man dass auch bei St.Anger etwas. Des lied entsteht nichmer als einzelnes stück, da entstehen nen Haufen riffs die am ende so zusammengefügt werden wie man meint es könnte passen, am ende klingt dann alles gleich

Naja – ob das im Sinne des (Metal) Erfinders ist sei jetzt dahingestellt – wenn es wirklich so wäre fände ich das persönlich auch nicht so gut – hat für mich da so etwas von nem „schnell, schnell – lass uns mal in 3-4 Wochen n neues Album machen“ Beigeschmack. Aber egal – finde die neue Scheibe trotzdem gut.

Bye S.O.D
http://www.humandeath.de©
http://www.paniczone.de.vu©

Old School Metal forever.†.666.†.

Vic Rattlehead Offline

Scary Guy/Gal

04.07.2003 17:55
#10 RE:Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist Meinung über METALLICA Antworten

also ich hab mal wo gehört dass sie das so machen, hat das ned Lars selber gesagt? Dass sie so rumexperimentieren. egal, das album ist ja schon ganz ok, aber auf dauer wirds mir zu eintönig

A Tout le monde, a tout mes amies
Je vous aime , Je dois partir
These are the last words, I´ll ever speak
and they´ll set me free

ChuckSchuldiner Offline

Scary Guy/Gal

06.07.2003 14:51
#11 RE:Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist Meinung über METALLICA Antworten

http://www.blabbermouth.net

Former TESTAMENT/SAVATAGE guitarist Alex Skolnick has contacted BLABBERMOUTH.NET to clarify his previous comments regarding METALLICA's latest effort, "St. Anger", and to defend himself against the outpouring of negative reactions leveled at him by METALLICA supporters in the days after his original remarks were published.

The following is Skolnick's statement on the matter:

"The other day, e-mails started rolling in to my mailbox at an alarming rate. Apparently my comments on METALLICA's new album 'St. Anger' had made headline news on BLABBERMOUTH.NET. The result was an uproar on the site, as well as the story quickly making its way to other web sites around the world. Although it's slowed down a bit, questions keep coming in and don't seem to be dying any time soon.

"These comments were never intended as a public statement and came from a discussion with fans on my own web site, http://www.alexskolnick.com. I was as surprised as anyone to find this as a news story and couldn't believe the wave of reactions. It was amusing to read phrases such as 'Skolnick For President,' as well as some of the creative wordplay: 'Selloutica,' 'St. Anus,' even 'Skolittledick.' But while I got a kick out of much of it and can deal with a few clever insults, some of it was pretty irritating.

"For example, there have been a number of accusations thrown my way, such as the idea that I would say these things for publicity. That's completely absurd. I simply described a vivid picture of how I and my bandmates felt when we heard these songs on the radio. I didn't know it would become news, and if you think I had the foresight to see this coming, you're giving me way too much credit. Although my trio has succeeded in getting some rock fans out to jazz venues, we have no illusions of winning over legions of METALLICA fans.

"There's also the theory that I'm jealous of METALLICA. You've got to be joking. If that was an issue, why would I spend the last ten years keeping a low profile, going back to school and devoting myself to jazz improvisation?

"Believe it or, not, I'm very happy doing what I'm doing and have never been more musically fulfilled. There is actually a great feeling that when one finds himself or herself as an artist as I feel I have.

"Fortunately there were a few responses by people that actually get it: I could never be happy being in a METALLICA-type band and no amount of money could ever get me to join one. On the other hand, it is those who are obsessed with popularity, money and materialism who are making these accusations against me, because it's all they understand. They know nothing about me other than the fact that I was once in TESTAMENT. On my message board not everyone agrees, but at least we respect each other's arguments.

"I have no personal problem with anyone who happens to like this album as long as we can respectfully disagree. But so many are not giving any thought to what I'm saying or even to how they really feel. Instead their fan loyalty to METALLICA runs so deep it causes a knee-jerk reaction of defense (I felt the same way about KISS...when I was ten! Grow up already). I admit some of my supporters may also be guilty of juvenile comments, but it seems like it's the overwhelming majority of 'St. Anger' supporters have been sinking to the level of angry third-graders.

"That being said, I stand by the comments and find the outpouring of reaction to be a statement in itself. The words 'everything wrong with the music business' came from Lars Ulrich himself to describe BON JOVI. I'm not exactly a BON JOVI fan but I remember this statement clearly as well as the time period in which it was spoken. METALLICA was a band that stayed outside the mainstream, openly revolting against the 'rock star' lifestyle. They were rarely heard on radio, and even went so far as to avoid doing videos. Now, they are the mainstream: darlings of radio and MTV and by many accounts, behaving like arrogant, spoiled rock stars. Is it so wrong to throw Lars' own words back at him?

"And the heart of the matter is that this is not a good METALLICA album. I speak only as a fan. Sure, it's noisy and angry but something is seriously missing. It seems to represents a decline in the standards of this modern day and age, when we are bombarded with so much information we forget what true quality is. As a result, it is easy to get caught up in the opinion that something is good or bad without putting it in the proper perspective. Judging from the reaction to my statements, there are many who agree.

"This is all I have to say on the matter and have no further plans to publicly comment on this. If you disagree with me, but can do so with thought and intelligence, please contact me through my web site and I'll do my best to respond.

"Sincerely, Alex Skolnick"

Metfan86 Offline

Tender Surrender

06.07.2003 16:22
#12 RE:Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist Meinung über METALLICA Antworten

Da stehe Ich auf seiner Seite, muss Ich sagen...gut gesagt !

"Music is the language of the heart, the sound of the soul. The more we understand it,
the deeper the listening experience becomes."

Joe Satriani

"If you want to be a virtuoso then you have to set your sights above me. You have to go beyond what I'm doing. And that's for you to figure out. Because if you can do that, then I'm going to be trying to go beyond you."

Steve Vai

Hetfieldfan Offline

Hedniskhjärtad

06.07.2003 17:35
#13 RE:Ex-TESTAMENT Guitarist Meinung über METALLICA Antworten

Ist schon viel wahres dran an dem, was er da sagt. Speziell auch das kurze Beispiel mit ihm und Kiss sollten sich vielleicht mal einige, auch hier im Forum, etwas zu Herzen nehmen.

I remember an old man griping my wrist, he was dying. "Imagine", he said,
"looking into the eye of a nova, the bursting flames, the roar of it's energy
frintly echoing down the corridors of time." Whispering: "All life ends..."
"Death", he said, "is like a bolt of lightning, light cast upon every secret
just for a moment, 'til the last spark of life fades and all is dark..."

CU and may the metal be with you! ©+® by Hetfieldfan
The incredible Hetfieldfan

Moderator der Foren "Personen", "Internes", "Bugs und Vorschläge", "Musiker", "PC/Mac Allgemein" und "Andere Bands/Musiker"

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz