Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Willkommen auf forum.metallicafan.de – die deutsche METALLICA-Community!
Das Forum war Teil der Community von METALLICAfan.de, Deutschlands meistbesuchtester METALLICA-Fansite.
METALLICAfan.de hat nach über 11 Jahren Ende 2010 die Seiten geschlossen. Dieses Forum bleibt weiterhin erhalten. Wir freuen uns auf viele spannende Diskussionen rund um METALLICA, Metal, u.v.m.!
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 537 Antworten
und wurde 14.316 mal aufgerufen
 Andere Bands/Musiker
Seiten 1 | ... 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36
Child of the Wicked Offline

Resident Mädchenschwarm of Death

25.11.2003 17:54
#451 RE:Iced Earth (neuer Sänger!) antworten

Hier der neuste geistige Sondermüll von Jon
(Quelle: ie.com):
NEWS! NEWS! NEWS!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Jon Schaffer on Monday, November 24, 2003 at 6:26PM :
Season’s Greetings!

First of all, please accept my apology for the delay in this posting. These last 3 months have been extremely busy and I’ve been pretty overwhelmed with the workload. However, everything came to a screeching halt a few weeks back when I had lower back surgery. Everything’s going well and I’m healing just fine, so in another few weeks I’ll be as good as new.
Anyway, there is actually quite a lot to report, so let’s get to it!
First, as you all know by now, the CD release has been delayed to early January. I know this has upset many fans and I wasn’t happy about it myself, but when the label explained their reasons I couldn’t argue with them. Because of the fact that we had to re-record the vocals and re-mix the record it pushed everything back and the label would have had to perform a miracle to do their job properly. It takes time and a lot of organization to release a priority record and they just wanted to do the best job possible, so as I said, I couldn’t really argue the point. Believe me, we want you to hear the new tunes ASAP but, sometimes shit happens and we all have to live with it.
It is an absolute pleasure to report that the response so far, from journalists that have heard the CD, has been very positive. We all expect big things for this record and that should make all I.E. fans proud. Tim and I did a 2 week whirlwind promo tour of Europe and it was a great time; very intense but very positive, and fun.
The single was released a few days earlier in Europe than here at home due to a release snafu but it didn’t seem to hurt us any. In Europe we sold out of the digi-pak edition, which was 40,000 units in one week, so now the slim case versions are being made and sold. As for the States we entered the Billboard U.S. single sales charts at #13 which is a great accomplishment for a metal band in this day and age. I thank you all for that. It’s your loyalty and dedication that has made all of this possible. Other good news from Europe is that the “Alive in Athens” CD has now been certified Platinum status in Greece. This actually happened several months ago but I forgot to post it. My label in Greece (Sound & Vision) has also informed me that “Something Wicked This Way Comes” and “Horror Show” along with others in the catalog will be certified Gold very soon. We also expect “The Glorious Burden” to reach Gold very quickly there. Again, the fans make all of this possible and we thank you dearly.
We’ve heard very positive things from the single release and it’s doing amazingly well. If this is any indication as what’s to come I see the band finally reaching that next level, which has proven a very difficult task. This is the first time I.E. has ever done a single and from what I’ve been told by industry insiders we are kicking serious ass with it, and it’s just a small taste of what’s to come. The full length CD is far more dynamic, heavy, emotional, epic; all the ingredients necessary to make a classic metal album, so if you’re happy with the single, you’ll freak on the album!
This is also the first time that we’ve done a “real” music video, in fact we’ve done two and may do a third for the full length release. We’ve never done any in the past because I felt it was too expensive for the result. I’ve seen many bands spend a lot of money on a video (most don’t know they pay for it with their future royalties) and their sales never increased enough to warrant the expense. We never did one in the past, yet our sales always went up. The difference this time is that I feel we are with a company now that is looking at the big picture and will put the video to work for us. It’s a whole different ballgame dealing with people that believe in my vision and have a vision themselves of where things can be if work and dedication are applied to the belief in the big picture.
First, we did an awesome and very emotional video for “When the Eagle Cries (Unplugged)” This video is better than I could have imagined and truly fits the song. Tragedy, solidarity, and retribution are all captured in this stirring video directed by Brian Smith. Second, we did “The Reckoning (Don’t Tread On Me)” to capture the traditional side of I.E. The setting for this is very raw and intense and is fitting for a track like “The Reckoning.” This was also directed by Brian Smith. Both of these videos are cool, but my favorite hands down is “Eagle”, it brought tears to my eyes the first time I saw it and it continues to move me. We’ve also begun production on the “Gettysburg (1863)” DVD that will be out in late spring or early summer next year. Mark Briody from Jag Panzer has started a new production company and will be producing the DVD. We’ve been friends for several years now and I’m very happy to have him involved in this project. We spent several days together in Gettysburg filming various things (as well as the documentary that will appear on disc 2) at the battlefield and this is something that I’m really looking forward to. I can tell you with all seriousness that Mark has captured some of the best shots of the battlefield that I’ve ever seen, proving that he’s multi-talented. He was up at 4:30 every morning scouting the battlefield for the perfect shots of monuments and cannon at sunrise. Truly some of the best I’ve seen. Mark is bound to be successful with his new business, he’s got all the right qualities and I wish him well!
For those of you who don’t have a home theater system I would suggest for you to start saving your money. This will be the ultimate way to experience the “Gettysburg (1863)” 32 minute epic. There’s never been anything like it before! There will of course be a stereo version on the DVD but the ultimate way to experience it is in 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound.

As for Demons & Wizards, Hansi just told me he’s completed work on about 9 songs that I sent him earlier in the year and he’s sending them my way very soon. He’s been so busy that he just started working on them about 5 weeks ago. We do plan to get together after I’ve healed up and do some work in the “Dungeon.” I’m really looking forward to it; we always have a great time together and the magic is sure to flow. I’m sure we will create an awesome record that will far surpass our debut, and it was pretty killer! I expect we will unleash the new one later next year.

“Spirit of 76 Collectibles” is now open and kicking ass! Come in and see us if you get a chance, it’s truly a history buff’s paradise!

One more thing, I would appreciate it if you would let Neil know through the website if you have any trouble finding our single or the full length CD when it’s released. If you can’t find it please inform us of the city and the store that did not have it and we will try to rectify the situation. So far the reports have been pretty good but we need to know if a problem occurs……

That’s about it for now………

Have a great holiday season!!!!!!!!

Jon

->Child of the Wicked<-
Webmaster http://www.iced-realm.de

I wanna feel your body breaking, wanna feel your body breaking, and shaking, and left in the cold!

Locutus Offline

Last Pagan

25.11.2003 20:27
#452 RE:Iced Earth (neuer Sänger!) antworten

ach es ist alles so schön, alle sind so nett und wir haben so eine tolle Zeit, allen geht es gut und die Zukunft wird noch viel besser und die Sonne scheint und der Himmel ist blau und ich hab schon Tränen in den Augen und das bewegt mich alles total und nachher geh ich kotzen, weils mir schon ganz schlecht ist, vor lauter schönen Sachen!
Ist doch wahr!

Moderator der Foren "Off Topic", "Community", "PC Allgemein", "Radio und TV", "Sites im Web", "Bugs und Vorschläge"

Saber Rider Offline

Godfather of Metal

25.11.2003 23:17
#453 RE:Iced Earth (neuer Sänger!) antworten

hab mir jetzt nicht die gesamte Hirnwäsche durchgelesen, aber kann es sein, dass in dem Text auch ein Spruch vorkommt der ungefähr "I can say that this is the best album we ever made!!" lautet...?

Deliverance - Thrown back at me
Deliverance - laughing at me...

26.11.2003 14:52
#454 RE:Iced Earth (neuer Sänger!) antworten

ja, kommt er... allerdings nur grobgeschätzt 35 mal

->Child of the Wicked<-

I wanna feel your body breaking, wanna feel your body breaking, and shaking, and left in the cold!

Saber Rider Offline

Godfather of Metal

26.11.2003 17:19
#455 RE:Iced Earth (neuer Sänger!) antworten

Achso, NUR?
Da war er wohl schlecht drauf.

27.11.2003 18:36
#456 RE:Iced Earth (neuer Sänger!) antworten

hab mir testweise mal 2 albumtracks reingezogen... wollte wissen, ob die single noch das beste, ein guter querschnitt oder ein negativer ausrutscher war...

muss sagen: die beiden lieder die ich mir angehört hab (Declaration Day und Waterloo) lass sich ziemlich gut mit 'richtig geil' bezeichnen. Ham mir beide auf Anhieb gefallen, und das konnt ich weder von der Single, noch auf Horror Show von irgendeinem Lied behaupten!!! Wenn der Rest des Albums da mithält könnte das echt ziemlich geil werden. Ham mich echt extrem positiv überrascht, hab nach der Schrottsingle nämlich jede Hoffnung begraben gehabt.

->Child of the Wicked<-

Locutus Offline

Last Pagan

27.11.2003 20:50
#457 RE:Iced Earth (neuer Sänger!) antworten

na dann besteht ja noch ein bißchen Grund zur Hoffnung!

Moderator der Foren "Off Topic", "Community", "PC Allgemein", "Radio und TV", "Sites im Web", "Bugs und Vorschläge"

HeTill Offline

Admin, Inc.

01.12.2003 14:10
#458 RE:Iced Earth (neuer Sänger!) antworten

Ich hab das neue Vid gesehen (-> blabbermouth) und naja... das erste mal das ich was von GB höre. Der Gesang ist grauenhaft und die Musik ist boring wie sau. Marke: Bryan Adams *gähn*
---
I told you once but I will say it again / When you live the flesh it is the beginning / Of the end
It will take you in / It will spit you out / Behold the flesh and the power it holds / Passion is a poison laced with pleasure bitter sweet / One of many faces that hide deep beneath / It will take you in
It will spit you out / Behold the flesh and the power it holds / Touch, taste, breathe, consumed / Deja-vu. Already knew from the first encounter / But know I know to let go of words to speak no more / Like a wind upon your face you can't see it / But you know it's there, when beauty shows / Its ugly face, just be prepared

01.12.2003 14:40
#459 RE:Iced Earth (neuer Sänger!) antworten

das video saugt. das lied sowieso (wobei die Albumversion (nicht unplugged) zumindest musikalisch in Ordnung geht - übliche IE Ballade a la Melancholy halt).
wie gesagt, die single ist scheisse. aber anscheinend ham sie da zielsicher die schlechten lieder vom Album ausgewählt.

->Child of the Wicked<-

-[TORS]- Offline

Scary Guy/Gal

07.12.2003 15:27
#460 RE:Iced Earth (neuer Sänger!) antworten

Habe eben nach langer Zeit mal wieder die SWTWC in den Player geschoben....
Der Ripper mag ja meinetwegen ein guter Sänger sein [auch wenn ich nicht der Meinung bin],
aber gegen Matt ist sein Singsang einfach nur blödes gekreische .
Ist mir eben mal spontan wieder aufgefallen und das musste ich jetzt mal loswerden.

mfg.
-[TORS]-

Take the time to feel the hate
Take a breath and cross your fate
Be the one to rule your life
Let no one be a reason for cries

Moderator der Foren "St. Anger", "Bootleg-Reviews", "Tausch & Kauf", "Lob & Tadel" , "Musiker" und "Chattermine"

Saber Rider Offline

Godfather of Metal

07.12.2003 18:02
#461 RE:Iced Earth (neuer Sänger!) antworten

Es ist auch "nicht im Vergleich zu Matt" blödes Gekreische.
Mal ehrlich, das klingt so als ob der Typ k(l)eine Eier hat.

bobbing_head ( Gast )

15.12.2003 12:45
#462 RE:Iced Earth (neuer Sänger!) antworten

ich find den gesang auch nicht grade überragend. außerdem ist es meiner meinung ein wenig arg das album mit der amerikanischen nationalhymne zu beginnen. stellt euch mal vor das würde eine deutsche gruppe machen.

Cadichon

12.01.2004 19:03
#463 RE:Iced Earth (neuer Sänger!) antworten

so, heute war Tag der Wahrheit, das neue Album kam raus... Hatte es mir verkniffen, mir das Ding schon vorher komplett als MP3 anzuhören, kannte ergo nur die (extrem entäuschenden) Tracks von der Single plus Declaration Day und Waterloo.

Was soll ich sagen, nach der schwachen Horror Show und der grottigen Single ist das Ding echt mal ne fette Überraschung. Irgendwie ham dies hingebracht, auf die Single gezielt die 3 schlechtesten Lieder des Albums plus ein durchschnittliches zu stellen.

Das Album ist nämlich, abgesehen von Reckoning, dem heulenden Adler und Hollow Man, absolut arschgeil.
OK, am Anfang muss man immer gleich erstmal Skip drücken, um der Nationalhymne zu entgehen, aber scheiss drauf. Der Amipathos hält sich auch in Grenzen, abgesehen von dem heulenden Pleitegeier und teilweise REckoning sind die Lyrics nicht direkt patriotisch, sondern historisch-objektiv. Ob ein Lied ber die Unabhängigkeitrserklärung wirklich von Nöten war, seu dahingestellt, aber da es sich dabei um nen 1A Midtempo Banger handelt, sehen wir da mal drüber hinweg
Waterloo, Attila und Red Baron sind beide ganz klar im oberen drittel der IE Songs anzusiedeln, klassisches Galoppel-Riffing ohne Ende, das allerdings dadurch, dass das 'Rundherum' um einiges melodischer angelegt wurde als früher (z.B. auf Nots) keiner reinen Selbstkopie gleichkommt.
Valley Forge ist ein etwas ungewöhnlicher Song für IE, etwa so wie REaping Stone oder Consequences auf der Something Wicked aber trozdem oder gerade deshalb find ich ihn geil.
Greenface erinnert mich persönlich vom Riffing her irgendwie extrem an Megadeth zu Countdown to Extinction-Zeiten. weiss ich noch nich so recht was ich von halten soll...

Und schließlich de Trilogie. Lässt sich keinen Meter mit 'The Suffering' oder 'Something Wicked' vergleichen, soviel vorweg. Schon allein die Tatsache, dass das Ding teilweise für ein Orchester komponiert urde setzt da nen deutlichen Unterschied. Das ganze klingt ein bißchen nach nem Iced Earth Filmsoundtrack, extrem episch. Ist schwer in Worte zu fassen, muss man gehört haben. Lann mir aber gut vorstellen, dass sich einige damit nicht wirklich anfreunden können...wie gesagt, eher ein arschgeiler Metal-meets-Klassik (so macht man das richtig, die Herren von Metallica! ) Soundtrack als ein Metalmeisterwerk wie die Something Wicked Trilogie.

An das Album muss man definitiv ohne große Vorbehalte rangehen. IE ham sich bislang fast auf jedem Album weiterentwickelt, mal mehr mal weniger. Dass das nicht jedem gefällt ist klar, aber die Entwicklung ist durchaus nachvollziehbar und es gab nie einen kompletten Stilbruch wie bei anderen Bands. Vom Songwriting her ist TGB die Weiterentwicklung des Horror Show Sounds, halt mit dem kleinen Unterschied, dass es auf bis auf 3 1/2 Lieder keinen Ausfall gibt während es auf der Horror Show bis auf 3 1/2 Lieder nix wirklich bemerkenswertes oder übermässig Gutes zu hören gab...

->Child of the Wicked<-

-[TORS]- Offline

Scary Guy/Gal

12.01.2004 19:11
#464 RE:Iced Earth (neuer Sänger!) antworten

Ich habs bei Amazon bestellt und es ist angeblich auch am Samstag abgeschickt worden.
Und trotzdem war heute noch nix im Briefkasten.
Allerdings konnte ich dann heute auch nicht drauf verzichten mir das Album mal in Mp3-Form zu Gemüte zu führen *g*.
Ich kann mich immer noch nicht so richtig mit dem Gesang anfreunden, aber ansonsten bin ich auch schonmal positiv gestimmt.
Werd wenn ich das Album dann mal wirklich habe un der Abi-Stress mal länger Zeit lässt ausfürhlich reinhören und dann evtl. nochmal was schreiben!

mfg.
-[TORS]-

Take the time to feel the hate
Take a breath and cross your fate
Be the one to rule your life
Let no one be a reason for cries

Moderator der Foren "St. Anger", "Bootleg-Reviews", "Tausch & Kauf", "Lob & Tadel" , "Musiker" und "Chattermine"

HeTill Offline

Admin, Inc.

12.01.2004 20:39
#465 RE:Iced Earth (neuer Sänger!) antworten

Also ich habs als MP3 und sehe keinen Grund es mir zu kaufen. Ich finde das Album unterdurchschnittlich. Der Gesang ist extrem nervig (wieso hör ich nicht gleich Hardcore-Powermetal?) und die Songstruktur sind zum gähnen. Auch die Trilogie ist extrem schwach ... sogar richtig langweilig. Vergleicht man (und man vergleicht halt automatisch) die Trilogie mit der von der Dark Saga oder SWTWC oder sogar Dante's Inferno ist diese ohne wenn-und-aber auf dem letzten Platz.

So nicht, Jon!

Punke: 2/10

PS: S&M gewinnt haushoch, denn sowas wie die Ktulu-, Thingy- oder One-Umsetzung findet man doch nirgends auf dem Album.
---
I told you once but I will say it again / When you live the flesh it is the beginning / Of the end
It will take you in / It will spit you out / Behold the flesh and the power it holds / Passion is a poison laced with pleasure bitter sweet / One of many faces that hide deep beneath / It will take you in
It will spit you out / Behold the flesh and the power it holds / Touch, taste, breathe, consumed / Deja-vu. Already knew from the first encounter / But know I know to let go of words to speak no more / Like a wind upon your face you can't see it / But you know it's there, when beauty shows / Its ugly face, just be prepared

Seiten 1 | ... 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36
«« Bloodbath
Buzzoven »»
 Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen