Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Willkommen auf forum.metallicafan.de – die deutsche METALLICA-Community!
Das Forum war Teil der Community von METALLICAfan.de, Deutschlands meistbesuchtester METALLICA-Fansite.
METALLICAfan.de hat nach über 11 Jahren Ende 2010 die Seiten geschlossen. Dieses Forum bleibt weiterhin erhalten. Wir freuen uns auf viele spannende Diskussionen rund um METALLICA, Metal, u.v.m.!
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 32 Antworten
und wurde 821 mal aufgerufen
 Allgemeines
Seiten 1 | 2 | 3
metalnator ( Gast )
04.06.2001 14:40
#16 Re: Kurze Info antworten
er hat eigentlich was besseres zu tun!!!
Nen Bassisten finden und ein neues album für UNS schrebien /bearbeiten/fertigstellen.
Naja egal wenn er das braucht!!
cu.
-------------------------
LARS:\"I`ve got to do every fu**ing thing myself!!\"

Markus ( Gast )
04.06.2001 22:43
#17 Re: Kurze Info antworten
James nach Russland und jagen?? Cool!!!
Aber gibst da drüben eigentlich noch was zum jagen???

mfg
m.

LONG LIVES METALLICA!!!

Moderator der Foren \"Tausch und Kauf \" und \"Internes\"
DEUTSCHER MEISTER & CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SIEGER 2000/2001!!!

-[TORS]- ( Gast )
05.06.2001 19:31
#18 Re: Kurze Info antworten
Also ich habe das komplette (hoffe ich mal!) interview aus So What im Netz gefunden! Der Schluss fehlt glaub ich noch! und bei dem Strich in der Mitte fehlt vielleicht was, aber egal *g*!

Hier isses:

Let it be noted that there is a jovial mood at the table.
Let me just start lightly, I mean obviously people would like to know, this is an anniversary year and it’s a pretty quiet start to a Metallica Anniversary year. I don’t think you would have expected this.

JH: Is it really 20 years?

Technically it is. Technically it’s 20 years.

LU: I went over this with Cliff Burnstein the other day and he was saying that most people count the 20th anniversary from when you release your 1st record. So, I think a lot of people feel that it’s not our 20th anniversary until 2003.

So, is this like the millennium argument?

LU: I guess so.

KH: We’re not going to be eligible for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame until 2008. Is it 25 years? So, wow that’s a big year for us!

Well, this one’s not inconsiderable. (laughing) Let’s deal with this one first! (laughing even harder) All right, so there’s not really any anniversary thoughts or whatever? You haven’t sat down and thought, “Well in the summer we’re gonna have the big anniversary jam?”

KH: I think there’s going to be a big cake and ice cream party sometime or another, right?

JH: A 2-kegger!

KH: A 2-kegger! (laughing)

JH: I just thing… I’ve never paid attention to anniversaries and things, but we should do something very cool. Any band that’s been together this long, whether it’s 19 or 20 years, deserves to at least fu**ing have a drink together.

(laughter of everyone)

KH: Acknowledge it? Yeah!

Would you say that since November you guys have probably seen more of each other off stage than in the last 10 years? Would that be accurate?

KH: For a break – yes! Because when we go on break I never see, well I NEVER see James. I always see Lars, but it’s between the hours of 10 o’clock at night and 6 o’clock in the morning. (devilish laughter) So, it’s nice to see all of these guys during break times when…

JH: (interrupts) We’re uglier in the daytime.

KH: YES!

And I mean there is a reason for that, obviously which is that…

JH: There’s more sunlight! (laughs)

KH: Because we’re growing together, rediscovering our friendship with each other in a different capacity.

Right. (to Lars) Do you have anything to add to this at the moment?

LU: Uh, no it is nice.

Are you guys ready?

All: Yeah!

All right, let’s get back to the whole thing of hanging out and so forth. Maybe you want to address why people who have toured for 3 years in a row don’t immediately hang out with each other off stage. Because I don’t think some people understand what that’s all about.

JH: When you are in confined spaces with someone, like in a bus, airplane or dressing rooms, all that… small stages, you know like the ‘Load’ tour. (laughs) But anyway, you’re with these people all of the time and when you get off tour you don’t necessarily call them up a day later and go, “Hey, I miss you, let’s hang out!” We kind of use that time to cultivate our own individuality. With that you start to lost tough after a while and then on the breaks you start to kind of freak out like, “what’s the band feeling?” and you start to not know each other again. When you get back together it’s an instant bond, but you haven’t really caught up with all the other stuff that everyone’s going through that brothers should know. Then you start to get a little – built brick by brick – a little wall between you. We hadn’t taken the time, road or studio, to break the walls down again. That’s exactly what we’re doing right now and it feels great.

What’s been the precipitating point for that? What’s been the main reason?

KH: You mean who’s sacrificed themselves to get to this point?

Right, I mean has it basically come down to the fact that with Jason’s departure, you realized that the wheels needed to be realigned?

JH: Well, he basically just built the biggest wall. So, when that couldn’t be hurdled anymore, that just made us discover that there are little walls between us that don’t need to be there.

KH: Basically, what I get is that it sounds like all 4 of us were wondering the same thing and not really communicating that ‘wonder.’ We were all wondering what the hell we were doing, but we had just kind of… we wanted to give each other personal space during a tour and we were always hesitant to reach out and communicate.

I mean it’s going to be quite bizarre for people to read that you guys were reluctant to contact each other. Because if it was a kid, he would be reluctant to contact each of you, but you were feeling the same.

KH: Well, I can really just talk about myself. (quiet laugh)

JH: Especially when you’ve got your own family and things, you’re kind of… you’re so adamant about focusing just on your family that you kind of forget about your Metallica family too.

Right. You’ve been quiet Lars – at the moment.

LU: I’m just taking all the love in.

No, seriously putting sarcasm aside…

LU: How do you know it’s sarcasm? (laughing)

Let it be noted that it’s come to a point where I am having trouble deciphering sarcasm from the truth! I mean were you one of the people, when Jason split, that said, ‘Look, we need to sort this shit out!’

LU: No, it was Cliff Burnstein. (management)

KH: It started actually before Jason made the statement.

LU: What statement?

KH: That he quit the band. That he actually quit the band. Or did we start on that day?

JH: No, we started chatting…

KH: Before.

JH: Well, he told us that day, but…

LU: Well, what happened was Cliff Burnstein thought that is would be valuable if there was another person in the room with us other than the 4 of us and other than our managers – somebody neutral. So, when we realized that this thing with Jason… that something was going down with Jason, we called a big meeting in the first week of January to figure out what was up and talk about the rest of the year and talk about the state of life in Metallica. Cliff Burnstein suggested that there be a mutual party in there to mediate…

JH: (chuckling) Make sure we didn’t kill each other.

LU: Right. I mean just sit down and talk our shit through. This is 8 weeks ago now and what’s happened, to make a long story short, is that we have worked with this gentleman named Phil Towle who has really re-energized the band and re-energized the relationships. We have basically spent 6 to 7 meetings within the last 8 weeks meeting up with Jason and without Jason, even after Jason left the band. And we continue to see Jason in these types of surroundings – it’s been awesome.

Is that to mend fences that were broken from years of…

LU: I don’t think that ‘mending fences’ is the phrase I would use. Like James was saying, what we sort of ended up doing is calling this guy, the connector, basically to reconnect us again. To help us sit down and focus on the reasons why we are together, why we play music, why we have this great love for each other, why it’s been so difficult for us to share that with each other. Like James was saying, because we haven’t spent that much time together off tour, we have a tendency to… it’s like human nature gravitates toward the negative instead of the positive. And so it’s like you sit there and think the other guy’s a fu**ing CUNT for not calling you up or whatever, and you don’t sit there and realize what his needs are or what your own needs are. So it’s been a lot of that type of stuff.

So, it’s a lot of getting lost in your own world?

LU: Yeah and your own insecurities and your own doubts and your own questions about where you are, how you fit in the big scheme of things, trying to find the right balance between what your own needs are, what the bands’ needs are – all that type of stuff. Over the last couple of years, a lot of that stuff has just really never gotten communicated and the whole Jason thing brought that out in us finally. So, it’s sort of like 19-20 years later we sit here now in a perverse situation where we lost Jason…

JH: We know where he is, but… (laughs)

LU: … and, at least speaking for myself, I have a stronger relationship with Jason than I ever had when he was in the band. I really feel closer to him than I ever did when he was in Metallica, but also James, Kirk, and myself have a stronger situation than we probably ever had. So, it’s sort of like a strange crossroads in that we lost a member, but in the same way there’s a great energizing of all of these relationships that in some way makes it more tolerable. It’s like in any relationship, if you can truly break up as friends – true friends, then it makes it easier to break up in some ways because everything has been dealt with. We have dealt with everything with Jason and it’s been awesome.

Let me ask…

KH: Anything lingering in the past won’t come up or affect the separation.

Has he been forthcoming in these meetings by telling you exactly what he’s repressed for years in terms of feelings? I mean, do you feel that you’re hearing the full extent of his disgruntlement?

JH: I don’t think it can ever get to the full extent of anything with any talks. It’s always an ongoing thing and you’re all discovering things and going, ‘oh, I forgot about that.’ It’s not so much detail stuff than more of an overall feeling. We understand where he was coming from but I don’t think it’s ever all out there.

I should switch it as well. Do you guys feel, looking at each other, that there is stuff that will come out?

All: Absolutely. Yes. (no hesitation)

JH: And I hope it does.

Right. So, there’s still…

LU: Each time it comes out it’s like a cleansing. There’s a real sense of re-energizing every time something gets talked about and dealt with. It’s really cool, with Jason, with the way we’re feeling about what we’re going through with Phil Towle, because we’ve probably had 3 of the worst months that we’ve ever had at the end of last year. We talked about it, it’s not a process that particularly has an angle to it. May 1st, we’re done with that and, I think we all feel that this will be an awesome thing to have as part of Metallica.

So, this chap is going to have an ongoing function?

LU: I certainly hope so.

JH: I look at him as any other kind of person that’s a witness, more like a producer really. You work with a producer until you’ve learned what he’s got, and then you move on. You’ll probably never ever get as deep into the psyche of a human as Phil does, but what I mean really, is that I would like to learn as much as possible from him and use it all of the time. I don’t really see a point when he wouldn’t be used, but hopefully you can take it a few steps further yourself when he’s not there. It’s not like you have to have this guy with you all of the time. I mean, one of the most valuable things he’s taught us, I think, is listening. Actually shutting the fu** up, and listening to the other guy, letting him finish the sentence and get his point across and actually looking at each other and communicating, seeing how the guy really feels. Learning to sympathize with certain situations.

KH: I think the greatest thing about Phil is that he’s brought out a level of intimacy between us 3 that we’ve never really experienced before. And he’s also brought out in us what we really, truly feel about each other, how we feel about the band and out own fears and, you know, strengths. Just being about to vocalize that with these other 2 guys in the room and finding out they are pretty much on the same page, I mean just hearing that gives me a huge sense of security. It gives everyone a huge sense of security. If there was any wonder on whether or not there was another potential Jason in the group, I think we’ve put all those fears to rest.

___________________________________________--

Does it go back to, ‘this is what it was like in 1987-88’ or is it just like, ‘new deal, uncharted territory?’
JH: You could never go backwards, just for the fact that we’ve been somewhere else. We’ve been really far down and we’ve been really high, and so now we’re to this other place. When you start out you don’t know the extreme lows or extreme highs. I think we’re wiser.

So, this is uncharted territory pretty much for you. Is it weird sitting here right now with you 3 doing a round-table with…

(everyone says no)

No strangeness at all?

LU: We’ve done 30 – 40 hours if this in the last month and we’re really totally comfortable with each other. And the greatest things about these sessions is that we get to these points when we have these moments and stuff like that. Like when Kirk was saying there is an amazing sense of intimacy, an amazing sense of brotherhood, and amazing sense of love, it’s an amazing sense of just being with guys you’ve been with for 20 years and continuing to discover new things about them that you didn’t know. Hearing stories, thoughts, emotions, what they feel about certain things, hearing childhood experiences and crying together and all this stuff. It’s really, really powerful.

Is there one thing that each of you have learned about each other that you want to share right now?

JH: I just think that we’ve all got weaknesses that we were never willing to show or wanted anyone to see, but showing the guys your weaker side has made you stronger. That someone else knows… I don’t know how to explain this, but through some of this… becomes a huge strength. I mean it might sound funny to other bands that ‘they’re hugging and weeping’ and all this crap together, but at the end of this, this shit is making us as bullet proof and as strong as it ever has been. The strength coming out of this, and the trust, and the just pure kick ass of it all, it pretty amazing.

KH: I’ll tell you one thing. After reading that Playboy interview yesterday…

(laughing) … Which is where I was just about to go.

KH: I mean if you compare that capsule in time to where we are right now, I mean we are just miles away. I mean FUCKING MILES away. I hope that people don’t read that Playboy interview and think that’s where the 3 of us are still at. That’s just not the case.

JH: To me it doesn’t matter…

LU: It doesn’t matter…

JH: Because I don’t give a shit. That’s where we were at that point and that interview occurred when we were the most disconnected from the band that we had ever been. And he (writer Rob Tannenbaum) really exploited the fact. I mean a lot of those things that he said, we just sit here and laugh about them, we’ve always laughed about them. Those aren’t major shocks. Those aren’t things that are, ‘ohh, he said this about ME!’ That’s shit we say to our faces all of the fu**ing time, so people that really know us know that that is not a big deal. The real fans know that we are strong enough to take that kind of criticism even though there’s a little truth behind it and I just think reading that and being where we are now, I’m really comfortable with it. It makes us feel even better that we’ve made such progress. I mean, I read that thing and I think it’s just so stupid sounding. There’s some funny stuff in there, there’s some little digs that are funny, but he’s trying to make us sound like we’re complete a****s to each other all of the time and that’s absolutely not the case.

LU: Let me say also that if everybody else out there thinks we’re in that portrayed mental frame of mind in that Playboy interview, it makes what we have now even cooler. Because it’s sort of like our little thing and nobody else really knows about it and that’s like really, really cool. I think that the Playboy interview is really good. I think it’s really well written and I think that the stuff that everybody’s talking about is really cool, because it will almost serve like a testament forever of that time where things were at the lowest point. You can almost look back on that and gain strength from that…

KH: That time period.

You’ll be using that as a reference if matters go there again?

LU: I think so. Again, I thought the piece was quite well written actually and I think when you’ve got 4 guys sitting there and saying 4 different things, he (Tannenbaum) should fu**ing exploit it. That’s what he gets paid to do and that’s what people want to read. So that doesn’t either anger me or surprise me, but I think that where we’re at now is even more special, because what people read in this Playboy thing that came out this week, they think that’s where we’re at, and if that’s so we will continue to be one step ahead of where everybody else is and that’s pretty cool.

So, when it got to the level of websites like Yahoo! News it’s, “Whatever!” There has been a bullet proofness that has come around in the last few months that kind of protects you all from that.

JH: In all honesty, like Cliff always used to say, ‘The truth is the mightiest hammer.’

KH: He’d say… sorry man.

JH: It’s true. You’re getting interviewed in a dark moment of your life and a lot of people wouldn’t want to do that. I think it was later, when the Jason shit started happening, that I got a little worried, saying, ‘should we pull this playboy interview or make it go away?’ Later I thought, ‘why?’ If it’s us, it’s honest, it’s where we were at that time. If people want to think that’s where we are all of the time, that’s too bad. I mean, if you interview someone after their dog dies you are going to get a certain thing, and after they get a new dog… don’t take this as a direct comparison or anything. (laughs) But you know what I’m getting at. You have dark points and you’ve got great points in your life.

KH: When you share really intimate moments, like with these sessions we have been having, you kind of get a deeper understanding of the person and you get a deeper understanding of why or how that person, or personality, acts or reacts. I think we’ve learned a lot from each other in that regard.

JH: It helps each other. If you know that a certain personality is a certain way, when something is happening with him you can support him the way that he needs it.

So for example, if someone needs some support and help when the chips are down, you guys are open to asking each other. If you want to be left alone, now you guys know that’s…

KH: Or support or whatever on whatever basis. We’re basically better equipped now to support each other.

I guess we should bring this whole communication thing around to the primary reason that you guys are together, which is music. I would imagine that it opens up all sorts of corridors for musical communication, right?

KH: I definitely feel less musically inhibited now, even though we have yet to go into the studio. (laughs)

JH: It can only be better. We know how to do it (communicate) the other ways. Any new way, andything you learn on how to do something is great.

Kirk, do you feel more comfortable bringing ideas to these guys? Will you feel more comfortable in saying, ‘listen, I have a good fu**ing riff and I want you to listen to it?”

KH: My problem in the past was… I always felt comfortable about showing these guys my ideas, I just didn’t feel very confident in them (the ideas). So I would hold myself back. Now I don’t feel like I have to, which is a big plus.

Right. Let me go back to the Jason thing for just a moment. Open communication, everything’s been friendly. Will it remain that way? Will he still go to shows and so on and so forth?

LU: I hope so.

JH: We certainly hope so, there’s no reason to not be like that. But we’ve gotten to the point where any press things that come out, we know that it’s not really good to read. We can communicate with each other and not through the press, putting stuff through the press is stupid.

(Author’s note: at this point I decided to raise one of the cited reasons behind Jason’s decision to leave, James’ disapproval of his side project. Obviously this was one of many contributing reasons that each party has which led to Jason’s departure, some of which will remain personal between them. I asked James about this particular one, because it was the most discussed reason).

So let me ask you bluntly. Was his side project the major reason, do you want to address that?

JH: What’s that?

Do you want to address the whole matter of his side project? Was that the straw that broke the camel’s back? James, are you the great dictator that the Playboy stuff appears to portray?

JH: I certainly had views on it (the Echobrain side-project) and they stemmed from other things. I felt the band was becoming weak that way, and that was always my way of keeping the band together and not fracturing any kind of family strength. That’s pretty important to me I guess, and I felt when Jason was doing his side project that it was taking away from his family, his brothers. And I’ve come to realize that it’s absolutely crazy to try and limit anyone on what they want to do and you’ve got to find the family strength other ways. I think, I don’t want to put words in Jason’s mouth, but he’s realized what I was going for as well – trying to keep things strong and family like and what not. So in the end, we’ve really both kind of met towards the middle and understood what one another were talking about. So, as far as I’m concerned, there’s not really any hard feelings – we just had 2 different opinions.

So, let me ask this question and put this to rest.

JH: Will I play on a solo project? (laughs)

Two-part question. 1: If the situation of members doing solo projects were to come up again, would you be equipped to deal with it? Let’s say Kirk turns around to you guys and says, “You know what? I’m going to release a blues project.” Now, have you reached a point where you would say, “I may not necessarily agree with it, but I can see that stuff has to be done?”

JH: I think I’m to the point where it can happen.

KH: Not that it’s going to happen anytime soon.

JH: We’ll find strength in other ways.

And the 2nd part of that question: If in october or September you are still a 3 piece, all right, let’s say it comes to June and someone has offered some gigs you want to do…

JH: … Would Jason ever be welcomed back?

KH: My opinion on that is that it’s still too soon.

LU: That’s a tough question.

KH: That is a tough question.

LU: Very, very brilliant, brilliant journalism!

KH: The only way I can answer it is that it’s too soon.

LU: As far as the while bass player thing, when I tell you we haven’t talked about it and we haven’t thought about it, that’s not just the party line kind of thing…

Well, you did discuss Keanu Reeves!!!!

JH: Not in a bass player way. (laughs)

LU: We have not looked at time frames, we have not looked at people, we have not talked about any of that stuff. We’re at a point right now, I think for the 1st time that I certainly can remember in Metallica, where there’s nothing marked on the calendar in front of us. There is a great freedom that comes with that. I think that we’re all really enjoying what we’re doing, which is getting to know each other better and exploring our relationships and all that type of stuff. And when we get together and start jamming, whether that’s tomorrow, next week, or next month, the energy that’s going to come from in the first 5 minutes… somebody better fu**ing tape that! There are a lot of possibilities with the record and with writing and with playing some shows, you know, the whole… I just feel so free because the 3 of us will make the decisions together. You know, we don’t have shit going on in the business side, management or anywhere. And if for some reason Jason shows up as part of that somewhere, I don’t know. Right now, I’m just really psyched that he and I had a 10 minute phone call where we didn’t talk about Metallica – that’s, like, the first time in 15 years. He’s got a lot of stuff that he’s got to deal with.
Look, let’s not make it so 1-dimensional here… I think all of us at carious points have been frustrated. A great deal of that sense or frustration comes from the fact that in the 1st couple of meetings I really feel that we all got closer to both Jason and each other. And it was very frustrating, because it seemed to us that Jason had planned his departure for quire awhile. And we, for instance, looking back now on the interview that he and I did for So What! 3 or 4 months ago, I think that a lot of that stuff was already seeded at that time. So, there’s a great deal of frustration that in all that goodwill, and in all of that wonderful shit that came out in January and February, that he wouldn’t consider/reconsider. There’s a weird thing about this thing, where we part ways when it’s the best it’s ever been – that’s frustrating, and has been frustrating, and difficult for I think for all of us to deal with at different levels.

...to be continued??

Tschö, Tors

"He has a great vibe and has always brought some very cool energy to the band. Both on and off-stage"

James Hetfield über Kirk Hammett

Moderator der Foren "Das neue Album", "Tausch & Kauf", "Internes" und "Musiker"

matthias ( Gast )
05.06.2001 19:31
#19 Re: Kurze Info antworten
... wenn die so weiter machen bald nicht mehr!
matthias

Kick Ass!

-[TORS]- ( Gast )
05.06.2001 19:32
#20 Re: Kurze Info antworten
Das sehe ich zwar etwas anders aber ich meinte das Interview, weil das noch nicht fertig ist!

Tschö, Tors

"He has a great vibe and has always brought some very cool energy to the band. Both on and off-stage"

jule ( Gast )
05.06.2001 19:36
#21 Re: Kurze Info antworten

wo hast du es her ???????????

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Der Pfad der Gerechten ist gesäumt mit Freveleien der Selbstsüchtigen und der Tyrannei böser Männer. Gesegnet sei der,der im Namen der Gerechtigkeit und des guten Willens die Schwachen durch das Tal der Dunkelheit geleitet,denn er ist der wahre Hüter seines Bruders und der Retter der verlorenen Kinder.Und ich will große Rachetaten an denen vollführen,die da versuchen meine Brüder zu vergiften und zu vernichten.Und mit Grimm werde ich sie strafen,auf dass sie erfahren sollen,ich sei der Herr,wenn ich meine Rache an ihnen vollbracht habe.

-[TORS]- ( Gast )
05.06.2001 19:41
#22 Re: Kurze Info antworten
Ich könnte jetzt sagen:
Man hat so seine Quellen!!
Und eigentlich stimmts auch!
Sagen wir mal ich bin übers offizielle Metallica-Forum darauf gestoßen!

Tschö, Tors

jule ( Gast )
05.06.2001 19:58
#23 Re: Kurze Info antworten

Verdammt immer diese Behühtung der Informanten.
Aber wenn du öfter so was hast poste es denn mal.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Der Pfad der Gerechten ist gesäumt mit Freveleien der Selbstsüchtigen und der Tyrannei böser Männer. Gesegnet sei der,der im Namen der Gerechtigkeit und des guten Willens die Schwachen durch das Tal der Dunkelheit geleitet,denn er ist der wahre Hüter seines Bruders und der Retter der verlorenen Kinder.Und ich will große Rachetaten an denen vollführen,die da versuchen meine Brüder zu vergiften und zu vernichten.Und mit Grimm werde ich sie strafen,auf dass sie erfahren sollen,ich sei der Herr,wenn ich meine Rache an ihnen vollbracht habe.

Locutus ( Gast )
05.06.2001 21:32
#24 Re: Kurze Info antworten
junger Vadder, das ist ja mal was.
Ich werds mir nachher mal in Ruhe durchlesen.

Adios
Locutus

When the Jews return to Zion
And a comet fills the sky
The Holy Roman Empire rises
And you and I must die
From the eternal sea he rises
Creating armies on either shore
Turning man against his brother
Till man exists no more

We paint the sky with blood tonight

Moderator der Foren "Kill/S&M" und "Das neue Album"

metalnator ( Gast )
05.06.2001 21:33
#25 Re: Kurze Info antworten
poste so sachen ruhig ma öfter.und verrat uns doch wo du es herhast!
cu.

-------------------------
LARS:\"I`ve got to do every fu**ing thing myself!!\"

-[TORS]- ( Gast )
05.06.2001 21:35
#26 Re: Kurze Info antworten
Is ja cool wie ihr einen bewundert, wenn man sowas findet!
Aber mal ehrlich:
Ich hab einfach im Met-Forum die Augen offengehalten und da nen Link gefunden...den hab ich mir mal angeguckt und fertig isses! Wenn ich euch sagen würde, wo der Link hinführt, dann währt ihr platt!!

Tschö, Tors

ONE ( Gast )
05.06.2001 21:36
#27 Re: Kurze Info antworten
hier nun der 2. teil:

Can you tab this moment right here, right now, attitude wise? Does it go back to, ‘this is what it was like in 1987-88’ or is it just like, ‘new deal, uncharted territory?’
JH: You could never go backwards, just for the fact that we’ve been somewhere else. We’ve been really far down and we’ve been really high, and so now we’re to this other place. When you start out you don’t know the extreme lows or extreme highs. I think we’re wiser.

So, this is uncharted territory pretty much for you. Is it weird sitting here right now with you 3 doing a round-table with…

(everyone says no)

No strangeness at all?

LU: We’ve done 30 – 40 hours if this in the last month and we’re really totally comfortable with each other. And the greatest things about these sessions is that we get to these points when we have these moments and stuff like that. Like when Kirk was saying there is an amazing sense of intimacy, an amazing sense of brotherhood, and amazing sense of love, it’s an amazing sense of just being with guys you’ve been with for 20 years and continuing to discover new things about them that you didn’t know. Hearing stories, thoughts, emotions, what they feel about certain things, hearing childhood experiences and crying together and all this stuff. It’s really, really powerful.

Is there one thing that each of you have learned about each other that you want to share right now?

JH: I just think that we’ve all got weaknesses that we were never willing to show or wanted anyone to see, but showing the guys your weaker side has made you stronger. That someone else knows… I don’t know how to explain this, but through some of this… becomes a huge strength. I mean it might sound funny to other bands that ‘they’re hugging and weeping’ and all this crap together, but at the end of this, this shit is making us as bullet proof and as strong as it ever has been. The strength coming out of this, and the trust, and the just pure kick ass of it all, it pretty amazing.

KH: I’ll tell you one thing. After reading that Playboy interview yesterday…

(laughing) … Which is where I was just about to go.

KH: I mean if you compare that capsule in time to where we are right now, I mean we are just miles away. I mean FUCKING MILES away. I hope that people don’t read that Playboy interview and think that’s where the 3 of us are still at. That’s just not the case.

JH: To me it doesn’t matter…

LU: It doesn’t matter…

JH: Because I don’t give a shit. That’s where we were at that point and that interview occurred when we were the most disconnected from the band that we had ever been. And he (writer Rob Tannenbaum) really exploited the fact. I mean a lot of those things that he said, we just sit here and laugh about them, we’ve always laughed about them. Those aren’t major shocks. Those aren’t things that are, ‘ohh, he said this about ME!’ That’s shit we say to our faces all of the fu**ing time, so people that really know us know that that is not a big deal. The real fans know that we are strong enough to take that kind of criticism even though there’s a little truth behind it and I just think reading that and being where we are now, I’m really comfortable with it. It makes us feel even better that we’ve made such progress. I mean, I read that thing and I think it’s just so stupid sounding. There’s some funny stuff in there, there’s some little digs that are funny, but he’s trying to make us sound like we’re complete a****s to each other all of the time and that’s absolutely not the case.

LU: Let me say also that if everybody else out there thinks we’re in that portrayed mental frame of mind in that Playboy interview, it makes what we have now even cooler. Because it’s sort of like our little thing and nobody else really knows about it and that’s like really, really cool. I think that the Playboy interview is really good. I think it’s really well written and I think that the stuff that everybody’s talking about is really cool, because it will almost serve like a testament forever of that time where things were at the lowest point. You can almost look back on that and gain strength from that…

KH: That time period.

You’ll be using that as a reference if matters go there again?

LU: I think so. Again, I thought the piece was quite well written actually and I think when you’ve got 4 guys sitting there and saying 4 different things, he (Tannenbaum) should fu**ing exploit it. That’s what he gets paid to do and that’s what people want to read. So that doesn’t either anger me or surprise me, but I think that where we’re at now is even more special, because what people read in this Playboy thing that came out this week, they think that’s where we’re at, and if that’s so we will continue to be one step ahead of where everybody else is and that’s pretty cool.

So, when it got to the level of websites like Yahoo! News it’s, “Whatever!” There has been a bullet proofness that has come around in the last few months that kind of protects you all from that.

JH: In all honesty, like Cliff always used to say, ‘The truth is the mightiest hammer.’

KH: He’d say… sorry man.

JH: It’s true. You’re getting interviewed in a dark moment of your life and a lot of people wouldn’t want to do that. I think it was later, when the Jason shit started happening, that I got a little worried, saying, ‘should we pull this playboy interview or make it go away?’ Later I thought, ‘why?’ If it’s us, it’s honest, it’s where we were at that time. If people want to think that’s where we are all of the time, that’s too bad. I mean, if you interview someone after their dog dies you are going to get a certain thing, and after they get a new dog… don’t take this as a direct comparison or anything. (laughs) But you know what I’m getting at. You have dark points and you’ve got great points in your life.

KH: When you share really intimate moments, like with these sessions we have been having, you kind of get a deeper understanding of the person and you get a deeper understanding of why or how that person, or personality, acts or reacts. I think we’ve learned a lot from each other in that regard.

JH: It helps each other. If you know that a certain personality is a certain way, when something is happening with him you can support him the way that he needs it.

So for example, if someone needs some support and help when the chips are down, you guys are open to asking each other. If you want to be left alone, now you guys know that’s…

KH: Or support or whatever on whatever basis. We’re basically better equipped now to support each other.

I guess we should bring this whole communication thing around to the primary reason that you guys are together, which is music. I would imagine that it opens up all sorts of corridors for musical communication, right?

KH: I definitely feel less musically inhibited now, even though we have yet to go into the studio. (laughs)

JH: It can only be better. We know how to do it (communicate) the other ways. Any new way, andything you learn on how to do something is great.

Kirk, do you feel more comfortable bringing ideas to these guys? Will you feel more comfortable in saying, ‘listen, I have a good fu**ing riff and I want you to listen to it?”

KH: My problem in the past was… I always felt comfortable about showing these guys my ideas, I just didn’t feel very confident in them (the ideas). So I would hold myself back. Now I don’t feel like I have to, which is a big plus.

Right. Let me go back to the Jason thing for just a moment. Open communication, everything’s been friendly. Will it remain that way? Will he still go to shows and so on and so forth?

LU: I hope so.

JH: We certainly hope so, there’s no reason to not be like that. But we’ve gotten to the point where any press things that come out, we know that it’s not really good to read. We can communicate with each other and not through the press, putting stuff through the press is stupid.

(Author’s note: at this point I decided to raise one of the cited reasons behind Jason’s decision to leave, James’ disapproval of his side project. Obviously this was one of many contributing reasons that each party has which led to Jason’s departure, some of which will remain personal between them. I asked James about this particular one, because it was the most discussed reason).

So let me ask you bluntly. Was his side project the major reason, do you want to address that?

JH: What’s that?

Do you want to address the whole matter of his side project? Was that the straw that broke the camel’s back? James, are you the great dictator that the Playboy stuff appears to portray?

JH: I certainly had views on it (the Echobrain side-project) and they stemmed from other things. I felt the band was becoming weak that way, and that was always my way of keeping the band together and not fracturing any kind of family strength. That’s pretty important to me I guess, and I felt when Jason was doing his side project that it was taking away from his family, his brothers. And I’ve come to realize that it’s absolutely crazy to try and limit anyone on what they want to do and you’ve got to find the family strength other ways. I think, I don’t want to put words in Jason’s mouth, but he’s realized what I was going for as well – trying to keep things strong and family like and what not. So in the end, we’ve really both kind of met towards the middle and understood what one another were talking about. So, as far as I’m concerned, there’s not really any hard feelings – we just had 2 different opinions.

So, let me ask this question and put this to rest.

JH: Will I play on a solo project? (laughs)

Two-part question. 1: If the situation of members doing solo projects were to come up again, would you be equipped to deal with it? Let’s say Kirk turns around to you guys and says, “You know what? I’m going to release a blues project.” Now, have you reached a point where you would say, “I may not necessarily agree with it, but I can see that stuff has to be done?”

JH: I think I’m to the point where it can happen.

KH: Not that it’s going to happen anytime soon.

JH: We’ll find strength in other ways.

And the 2nd part of that question: If in october or September you are still a 3 piece, all right, let’s say it comes to June and someone has offered some gigs you want to do…

JH: … Would Jason ever be welcomed back?

KH: My opinion on that is that it’s still too soon.

LU: That’s a tough question.

KH: That is a tough question.

LU: Very, very brilliant, brilliant journalism!

KH: The only way I can answer it is that it’s too soon.

LU: As far as the while bass player thing, when I tell you we haven’t talked about it and we haven’t thought about it, that’s not just the party line kind of thing…

Well, you did discuss Keanu Reeves!!!!

JH: Not in a bass player way. (laughs)

LU: We have not looked at time frames, we have not looked at people, we have not talked about any of that stuff. We’re at a point right now, I think for the 1st time that I certainly can remember in Metallica, where there’s nothing marked on the calendar in front of us. There is a great freedom that comes with that. I think that we’re all really enjoying what we’re doing, which is getting to know each other better and exploring our relationships and all that type of stuff. And when we get together and start jamming, whether that’s tomorrow, next week, or next month, the energy that’s going to come from in the first 5 minutes… somebody better fu**ing tape that! There are a lot of possibilities with the record and with writing and with playing some shows, you know, the whole… I just feel so free because the 3 of us will make the decisions together. You know, we don’t have shit going on in the business side, management or anywhere. And if for some reason Jason shows up as part of that somewhere, I don’t know. Right now, I’m just really psyched that he and I had a 10 minute phone call where we didn’t talk about Metallica – that’s, like, the first time in 15 years. He’s got a lot of stuff that he’s got to deal with.
Look, let’s not make it so 1-dimensional here… I think all of us at carious points have been frustrated. A great deal of that sense or frustration comes from the fact that in the 1st couple of meetings I really feel that we all got closer to both Jason and each other. And it was very frustrating, because it seemed to us that Jason had planned his departure for quire awhile. And we, for instance, looking back now on the interview that he and I did for So What! 3 or 4 months ago, I think that a lot of that stuff was already seeded at that time. So, there’s a great deal of frustration that in all that goodwill, and in all of that wonderful shit that came out in January and February, that he wouldn’t consider/reconsider. There’s a weird thing about this thing, where we part ways when it’s the best it’s ever been – that’s frustrating, and has been frustrating, and difficult for I think for all of us to deal with at different levels.

thx an nea vom FSFTD-forum und dem total anarchy forum von megadeth.com!

ONE

Locutus ( Gast )
05.06.2001 21:36
#28 Re: Kurze Info antworten
ach du heilige Scheiße

Adios
Locutus

When the Jews return to Zion
And a comet fills the sky
The Holy Roman Empire rises
And you and I must die
From the eternal sea he rises
Creating armies on either shore
Turning man against his brother
Till man exists no more

We paint the sky with blood tonight

Moderator der Foren "Kill/S&M" und "Das neue Album"

-[TORS]- ( Gast )
05.06.2001 21:42
#29 Re: Kurze Info antworten
In Antwort auf:
thx an nea vom FSFTD-forum und dem total anarchy forum von megadeth.com!

Jetzt hast du die ganze Spannung genommen

Irgendwie bin ich mir selber net mehr sicher, ob da jetzt noch so anz die Reihenfolge/Vollständigkeit stimmt!

Tschö, Tors

ONE ( Gast )
05.06.2001 21:46
#30 Re: Kurze Info antworten
sorry, tors!lag nicht in meiner absicht!
aber die reihenfolge stimmt, nun muss sich nur noch jemand bereit erklären, auch noch die letzten 2 1/2 seiten abzutippen. und ich mach das auf keinen fall!

ONE

Seiten 1 | 2 | 3
«« DVD???
I Disappear »»
 Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen