Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Willkommen auf forum.metallicafan.de – die deutsche METALLICA-Community!
Das Forum war Teil der Community von METALLICAfan.de, Deutschlands meistbesuchtester METALLICA-Fansite.
METALLICAfan.de hat nach über 11 Jahren Ende 2010 die Seiten geschlossen. Dieses Forum bleibt weiterhin erhalten. Wir freuen uns auf viele spannende Diskussionen rund um METALLICA, Metal, u.v.m.!
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 12 Antworten
und wurde 908 mal aufgerufen
 News
panteraxxl Offline

Inhuman Dunkelthron Miesepeter

24.03.2005 23:14
Glückwunsch Anthrax! Antworten

Quelle: blabbermouth.net

Die für Metallica wegbegleitende Metalband "Anthrax" (nicht zu verwechseln mit der gleichnamigen Krankheit) feiert runden Geburtstag. Kirk gratulierte mit folgenden Worten:

"Anthrax's Musik bewegte. Im Pantheon des Metal haben Anthrax mit Sicherheit ihren Meilenstein gesetzt. Und wenn man genau hinhört kann man hören, dass sie eine Menge moderner Bands beeinflußen!"

Hier für Interessierte, die der englischen Sprache mächtig sind, der ganze Text der Quelle (falls sie mal offline sein sollte):

In Antwort auf:

METALLICA, JUDAS PRIEST, MEGADETH Members Pay Tribute To ANTHRAX - Mar. 24, 2005

Metal musicians congratulate ANTHRAX on their 20th anniversary:

MEGADETH's Dave Mustaine: "ANTHRAX is a band that I have always respected, that has always mattered and was very important to the American metal scene. As part of the 'big four' they were responsible for an enormous amount of the credit for helping establish American metal bands as serious contenders in the world of metal."

METALLICA's Kirk Hammett: "ANTHRAX's music matters. In the pantheon of modern metal, ANTHRAX are certainly a cornerstone, and if one listens, one can hear their influence on any number of up and coming bands of the new generation."

DEFTONES' Abe Cunningham: "ANTHRAX plays a huge role in Stef and me meeting and starting to jam together; we met through a mutual friend who gave me my first copy of 'Among the Living'. DEFTONES started in 1988, but before that it was just the two of us in his mom's hot ass garage with the dryer on and the washing machine overflowing trying to make it through 'Indians' and 'Caught In A Mosh'. I would like to thank you guys for the inspiration, your precision, your tones, your dedication and for having the nut sacks to try shit that no one would. Happy 20th Anniversary!!! All the best."

JUDAS PRIEST's Rob Halford: "Everyone in JUDAS PRIEST congratulates our good friends from ANTHRAX for passing their 20th-year metal milestone. We have always been fans of the band and had the pleasure to do many shows together. ANTHRAX are true pioneers with their unique style, sound and heavy brand of metal. They have always and will continue to inspire and influence those around them within the metal world."

SLIPKNOT's Corey Taylor: "ANTHRAX is to me one of the most influential bands of my generation, albeit one of the most under rated with no real reason to be. They are concise, they are fast, they're just all around fuckin' badass. Whether they had Belladonna or John Bush, they remain one of the best bands out there, bar none."

DAMAGEPLAN's Vinnie Paul: "ANTHRAX is one of the most kick-ass American metal bands of all time. They have out lasted every trend to come along in the last 20 years and are still relevant today … my hat's off to them … definitely one of Dime's and my favorite bands of all time."

LAMB OF GOD's Chris Adler and Mark Morton: "ANTHRAX has always embodied the culmination of the early NYC crossover trend and the evolution of an entirely different heavy metal sound. This is the band that developed a sound that truly brought the fans of hardcore and metal together — influencing anyone and everyone with a distortion pedal and/or two kick drums that came after them. Never afraid to bend the boundaries and pave their own way, ANTHRAX has brought about and unleashed an undeniable contagious disease of heavy fucking metal. ANTHRAX are true pioneers of thrash metal. They've always had the unique ability to reach blazing speeds without losing any mass or power in the song … and they always stayed focused on the SONG, a rarity in the genre. Their mastery of the elements of fast and heavy has been a lesson to us all. Scott Ian's right arm is simply ridiculous … he hits so hard and stays so steady, it's literally funny to watch someone that good … and the riffs are straight up classics. Throughout the '90s, their resilience and dedication helped keep metal alive when it had all but died. Cheers to ANTHRAX for 20 years of thrash. Thanks dudes.”

KILLSWITCH ENGAGE's Howard Jones: "To me, ANTHRAX is the epitome of what was and is metal. Whether it is 20 years ago or 20 days ago, they still do what they do better than most bands could ever dream of doing. It's great to see they are still going strong."

SUPERJOINT RITUAL's Phil Anselmo: "In a time when bands seem to stay together for an extremely limited time period, ANTHRAX stays together and does what they do in their own way and in their own time. Big ups' to these guys always."

Rob Zombie: "For twenty years ANTHRAX has steamrolled over every obstacle that has gotten in their path. Nothing can stop them. ANTHRAX is an unyielding metal machine."

SHADOWS FALL's Jason Bittner: "The first time I saw ANTHRAX live was in May of 1987 on the 'Among the Living' tour. It was the most intense thrash show I had been to at that point in my life (and I just saw MEGADETH/OVERKILL the night prior)! The band, the energy, the songs, THE JAMS (some of you may be too young to know about that period!). ANTHRAX made me want to mosh, Scott Ian made me want to play rhythm guitar and Charlie Benante was instantly one of my drumming heroes. In the years that have passed, those same feelings still apply, except for now not only is Charlie still one of my heroes, he's one of my friends!"

FOO FIGHTERS' Dave Grohl: "ANTHRAX? The cover of 'Fistful of Metal' says it all. I bought that fucker when it came out in '84, without hearing even so much as a note. They haven't disappointed me since. Unmistakable riffs, mindfuck drumming and classic songs — they've opened too many doors to mention. Badasses. They are better than your band."

PUBLIC ENEMY's Chuck D: "The world of music to me is about pioneers and groundbreakers, doing bold and daring things in the face of critics and nay-sayers, while only to have everybody snatch credit when that innovation is overstood as the fabric of the terrain. There is no question in my mind regarding MY friends ANTHRAX in this regard, and dragging me along in the process of making history. Pushing the envelope, yup, plus the fact that they set a high bar on killer shows and max-throttled songs has not only entertained me but inspired me as well…"

MOTÖRHEAD's Lemmy: "Who would have thought, all those years ago, that the boys would do so well?"

AUDIOSLAVE's Tom Morello: "The ANTHRAX collaboration with PUBLIC ENEMY was one of the critical turning points in breaking down barriers of race and genre in heavy music."

MUDVAYNE's Chad Gray and Matt McDonough: "ANTHRAX is a cultural institution in the world of heavy metal music.”

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS' Flea: "ANTHRAX shreds. ANTHRAX rocks. Their Joe Jackson cover made my kidneys flip upside down."

SUM 41's Dave Baksh: "The reason I started playing guitar was 'Caught in a Mosh'."

KISS' Gene Simmons: "ANTHRAX is cool — They've always been cool and 'Anti-Social'."

BLOODSIMPLE's Kyle Sanders: "Our first ANTHRAX show consisted of human flesh, metal chairs and blood ... the most vicious whirlpool of a circle pit we have ever witnessed! ANTHRAX was one of the few who fueled our fire to fuckin' rip it up ... Frankie and Charlie bottom line layin' it down!"

Ganz nebenbei ist es erfreulich, mal wieder etwas von Phil Anselmo und Vinnie Paul zu hören!

"Wer nicht zweifelt, ist verrückt." (Ustinov eine Woche vor seinem Tod)
Moderator der Foren:
Allgemeines, News, On Tour, Personen, Alben,
Tausch & Kauf, Community, Musiker, Computer,
Sites im Web, Aktuelles, Sport, Andere Bands

S.O.D Offline

ME†AL MESSIAH

25.03.2005 11:11
#2 RE:Glückwunsch Anthrax! Antworten

Auch wenn sie es nicht lesen werden. Glückwunsch an Anthrax - eine Band die für mich schon immer zu den ganz Großen zählte. Auch wenn sie heute nicht mehr so den Erfolg haben den sie vor 10 Jahren hatten - sind sie trotzdem eine der geilsten Metal Bands ever. Und vor allem Live eine fast unschlagbare Macht. Ich freue mich auf ihr nächstes Album und auf eine Tour.

Bye S•O•D - Webmaster of

http://www.paniczone-band.de©
Make your own Metal TV
http://www.mediaburialvideos.com/
http://www.antipopvideos.com/
http://www.hdpvidz.com/download.html
http://www.urbanchaosvideos.com/
Moderator für: PC/Mac Allgemein•Sites im Web•Radio und TV•Sport•anderes Bands/Musiker
"Es gibt Besserwisser die nicht glauben das ich es besser weiß"

Saber Rider Offline

Godfather of Metal

25.03.2005 15:26
#3 RE:Glückwunsch Anthrax! Antworten

Ebenfalls Glückwunsch.
bin zwar noch nie ein Fan gewesen, aber sind trotzdem ordentlich.
Was ich aber wirklich cool fand, ist ihr Auftritt in "Eine schrecklich nette Familie" der ihnen einen coolen Humor bestätigt hat.

So, is knowledge a friend or a foe? Cause you don't suffer from what you don't know
But in arguments we hunt the reasons that explains the Thesis's seasons

Chaos, order and complexity, that challenges our intellectuality
For things that lie in the asymmetric hole, for too long, we've given the Devil that role

The.one.horseman Offline

5th Horseman

26.03.2005 19:42
#4 RE:Glückwunsch Anthrax! Antworten

Anthrax ist für mich vermutlich die einzige Band, von der ich das besser finde, als das was sie vor 15 Jahren gemacht haben und finde, dass sie sich nach 25 Jahren endlich auf dem Optimum befinden. Is bei Bands wie Metallica etc irgendwie umgekehrt....

Es begann als Kult und endete als drohendes Spektakel – als Heavy Metal mit den 80ern zusammenkrachte, formte die gewaltige Kraft dieses Aufpralls ein neues Element: METALLICA. Wie ein Dämon, der nach einer Ewigkeit erweckt wird, stiegen Metallica aus dem Nichts auf, Menschenmassen um sich zu scharen. Hinter einer Phalanx von rasenden Gitarren rockten Metallica unaufhaltsam und erbarmungslos weiter, um die 90er zu erobern.
[/i] Chris Crocker: Nothing else matters
__________ICQ: 152872599__________

Der Horseman im Netz: http://www.s-thielen.de

panteraxxl Offline

26.03.2005 20:28
#5 RE:Glückwunsch Anthrax! Antworten

geht mir genauso... sicher gabs früher auch geile nummern (METALTHRASHING MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD)... aber die alben sidn insgesamt hetue geiler...

Moderator der Foren:

Hammett Offline

5th Horseman

26.03.2005 22:07
#6 RE:Glückwunsch Anthrax! Antworten

Seh ich jetzt persönlich ganz anders. Auf den späteren Alben gibts einige geile Lieder, insgesamt gesehen find ich das Material aber schwächer als das alte Zeug. WCFYA konnte mich allerdings wieder komplett überzeugen. Gehört IMO zu den drei besten Anthrax-Alben.

CU

Kirk
---------------------------------------------------

There Is Music And There Is Opeth

MrRadioHead ( Gast )
27.03.2005 14:42
#7 RE:Glückwunsch Anthrax! Antworten

ich fand das letzte Album sehr geil, deswegen habe ich wieder angefangen etwas mehr thrash metal zu hören.
Finde auch sehr nett etwas von Leuten wie RHCP oder auch Chuck D zu hören.

------------------------------------------------------------

"...we live like penguins in the desert, why can't we live like tribes..."

integrale Offline

Stone Cold Member

30.03.2005 23:35
#8 RE:Glückwunsch Anthrax! Antworten

Meiner Meinung nach sind Anthrax leider die Band der "Großen Vier" , die am Schnellsten und am Meisten musikalisch und im allgemeinen abgebaut haben. Hätten sie das musikalische Niveau der 85er Scheibe halten oder noch ausbauen können, wären sie sicherlich heute ein weltweiter Top Act, aber es ging ja leider stetig bergab. Auch ihre Stil und Line-up wechsel haben zu ihrem niedergang beigetragen. aber immerhin sind sie noch am start.

The.one.horseman Offline

5th Horseman

31.03.2005 21:42
#9 RE:Glückwunsch Anthrax! Antworten

Sorry, aber in meinen Augen totaler Schmarn!!

Es begann als Kult und endete als drohendes Spektakel – als Heavy Metal mit den 80ern zusammenkrachte, formte die gewaltige Kraft dieses Aufpralls ein neues Element: METALLICA. Wie ein Dämon, der nach einer Ewigkeit erweckt wird, stiegen Metallica aus dem Nichts auf, Menschenmassen um sich zu scharen. Hinter einer Phalanx von rasenden Gitarren rockten Metallica unaufhaltsam und erbarmungslos weiter, um die 90er zu erobern.

integrale Offline

Stone Cold Member

01.04.2005 11:37
#10 RE:Glückwunsch Anthrax! Antworten

ne, echt jetzt .

panteraxxl Offline

03.04.2005 15:38
#11 RE:Glückwunsch Anthrax! Antworten

doch! :)

Moderator der Foren:

The.one.horseman Offline

5th Horseman

03.04.2005 19:24
#12 RE:Glückwunsch Anthrax! Antworten

Ahh, Leute, ein historischer Augenblick! Panteraxxl hat gespammt! Und wie!!

panteraxxl Offline

03.04.2005 20:58
#13 RE:Glückwunsch Anthrax! Antworten

freu dich *weiterspam*
es musste halt jemand machen.. ich war nur der einzige, der sich getraut hat! :)

Moderator der Foren:

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz