Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Willkommen auf forum.metallicafan.de – die deutsche METALLICA-Community!
Das Forum war Teil der Community von METALLICAfan.de, Deutschlands meistbesuchtester METALLICA-Fansite.
METALLICAfan.de hat nach über 11 Jahren Ende 2010 die Seiten geschlossen. Dieses Forum bleibt weiterhin erhalten. Wir freuen uns auf viele spannende Diskussionen rund um METALLICA, Metal, u.v.m.!
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 14 Antworten
und wurde 1.163 mal aufgerufen
 Personen
-[TORS]- Offline

Scary Guy/Gal

17.02.2006 21:38
Rick Rubin antworten
Eure Meinung über Rick Rubin...

CunningStunts ( Gast )

19.02.2006 18:22
#2 RE: Rick Rubin antworten
...kommt Album, kommt Meinung.
Ich finds jedenfalls gut dass sie sich von Rock gelöst haben.
Ich hab mir ernsthaft gedacht, sie behalten ihn, bis sie aufhören...
Bin froh, dass ich unrecht hatte. Frischer Wind tut ihnen sicher gut.

Well, you know ... that's just like ... your opinion man

"It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see"
- James Hetfield

~|~ Offline

Heavy Metallifux

19.02.2006 18:22
#3 RE: Rick Rubin antworten

In Antwort auf:
Rick Rubin:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Frederick Jay Rubin (born 1963) is a Jewish-American record producer best known for his work in rap and heavy metal. He was a major figure in the fusion of rap and hard rock by bringing together Run DMC and Aerosmith for the hit song "Walk This Way". He was also a major figure in the fusion of rap and heavy metal into Alternative metal, Nu metal and other forms. MTV has called him "the most important producer of the last 20 years." [1]
Rick Rubin, from the Jay-Z music video 99 Problems.

* 1 The Def Jam years
* 2 The Def American years
* 3 The American Recordings years
* 4 Production trademarks
* 5 Albums produced
* 6 External links

The Def Jam years

In 1979, Rubin found himself immersed in hip-hop culture. Hip-Hop was becoming embraced by New York City's Lower East Side punk rock and art community. Many hip-hop artists from The Bronx and Harlem began performing downtown. During this time, rappers often used the slang expression that their "style was death." Because "death" is sometimes pronounced "def" in African American Vernacular English, Rubin did not realize that they were saying "death", but rather thought that "def" was a new slang term.

Befriending Zulu Nation's DJ Jazzy Jay, Rubin wanted to learn about Hip-Hop production. By 1983, the two men produced "It's Yours" for rapper T La Rock, and released it on their independent label Def Jam Records. Producer Arthur Baker helped to release the record worldwide on Baker's Streetwise Records in 1984.

Jazzy Jay introduced Rubin to concert promoter/artist manager Russell Simmons in a club, and Rubin explained he needed help getting Def Jam off the ground. Simmons and Rubin edged out Jazzy Jay and the official Def Jam record label was founded while Rubin was still attending New York University in 1984. Their early records included LL Cool J's "I Need a Beat", which led to the top 40 hit "Rock the Bells" in 1985. Rubin went off the beaten path of Hip-Hop being a product of The Bronx and Harlem by recruiting rappers from Long Island, which eventually led to Def Jam's release of Public Enemy's records. Rubin also produced records by the Beastie Boys and Run DMC, both of them characterised by occasionally fusing rap with heavy rock. It was Rubin's idea to have Run DMC and Aerosmith collaborate on a cover of Aerosmith's Walk This Way in 1987, a production credited with both introducing rap-hard rock to mainstream ears and revitalizing Aerosmith's career. His work on Slayer's Reign in Blood saw him in a purer rock context.

The Def American years

In 1988, Simmons and Rubin went their separate ways, partly due to a power struggle that Rubin lost with Def Jam president Lyor Cohen. Simmons stayed in New York with Def Jam, and Rubin left for Los Angeles to found Def American Records. In Los Angeles, he signed a number of heavy rock acts, including Slayer, Danzig, Masters of Reality, The Cult and Wolfsbane, as well as the indie rockers The Jesus & Mary Chain and controversial stand up comedian Andrew Dice Clay. He produced the Red Hot Chili Peppers' breakthrough album Blood Sugar Sex Magik. He retained a close association with rap also, signing the Geto Boys and continuing to work with Public Enemy, LL Cool J and Run DMC among others.

The American Recordings years

Rubin found that his misunderstood slang invention "def" had been accepted into the dictionary. In 1993, Rubin held an actual funeral, complete with a casket and a grave, for the word "def". Def American became American Recordings. The first major project on the renamed label was Johnny Cash's American Recordings (1994), a record including several covers by artists more closely associated with Rubin than Cash (such as Danzig) and which did much to revive Cash's career following a fallow period. The formula was then repeated for three more Cash albums: Unchained, Solitary Man, and The Man Comes Around. Cash's final album before his death in 2003, The Man Comes Around, garnered a Grammy nomination for Best Country Collaboration with Vocals (Bridge Over Troubled Water with Fiona Apple) and a Grammy Award for Best Country Vocal Performance by a Male (Give My Love to Rose). Rubin also produced a number of records with other older artists, including Mick Jagger's 1993 "Wandering Spirit" album, Tom Petty (Wildflowers) and Donovan (Sutras).

Production trademarks

Rubin's biggest trademark as a producer has been a "stripped-down" sound, that involves eliminating typical production elements like string sections, backup vocals, reverb, and the like in favor of naked vocals and bare instrumentation. This style began with his very first production effort, LL Cool J's Radio, which consisted of little more than rapping and percussive beats (Rubin's liner notes credit for that album, instead of the expected "Produced by Rick Rubin", reads "Reduced by Rick Rubin"). Later he developed a reputation as a "song doctor" who, by performing the same reduction on the sound of veteran singers and bands, could help them break out of the commercial rut they were currently in. He did this most notably with Johnny Cash, but also achieved this effect with Tom Petty, AC/DC (on the album Ballbreaker) and Neil Diamond (on 12 Songs).

Another of Rubin's trademarks is the fusion of rap and hard rock/heavy metal, which he can lay claim to inventing in his work with Run-D.M.C. and the Beastie Boys. His most recent rap-rock productions have been the 2003 Jay-Z song "99 Problems" and the 2004 Lil' Jon song "Stop Fuckin' Wit Me" (which sampled Slayer's "Mandatory Suicide" and "Raining Blood", both originally produced by Rubin).

Another trademark has been having artists cover unexpected material in their own style. Besides the notable covers of Run-D.M.C. and Johnny Cash, Rubin produced Slayer's cover of Iron Butterfly's "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida", executive-produced the Black Crowes' career-launching cover of Otis Redding's "Hard To Handle", and produced Rage Against The Machine's 2000 covers album, Renegades.

Albums produced

* Radio - LL Cool J (1985)
* Licensed to Ill - Beastie Boys (1986)
* Raising Hell - Run-D.M.C. (1986)
* Reign in Blood - Slayer (1986)
* Electric - The Cult (1987)
* Danzig - Danzig (1988)
* Tougher Than Leather - Run-D.M.C. (1988)
* South of Heaven - Slayer (1988)
* Masters of Reality - Masters of Reality (1988)
* Andrew Dice Clay - Andrew Dice Clay (1989)
* Trouble - Trouble (1990)
* Danzig II: Lucifuge - Danzig (1990)
* Seasons in the Abyss - Slayer (1990)
* Nobody Said It Was Easy - The Four Horsemen (1991)
* Manic Frustration - Trouble (1991)
* Decade of Aggression - Slayer (1991)
* Blood Sugar Sex Magik - Red Hot Chili Peppers (1991)
* Danzig III: How the Gods Kill - Danzig (1992)
* Thrall: Demonsweatlive - Danzig (1993)
* Danzig 4 - Danzig (1994)
* American Recordings - Johnny Cash (1994)
* Divine Intervention - Slayer (1994)
* One Hot Minute - Red Hot Chili Peppers (1995)
* Ballbreaker - AC/DC (1995)
* Unchained - Johnny Cash (1996)
* Undisputed Attitude - Slayer (1996)
* Diabolus in Musica - Slayer (1998)
* System of a Down - System of a Down (1998)
* Chef Aid - South Park (1998)
* Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers (1999)
* Loud Rocks - V/A (tracks: 1. System of a Down & Wu-Tang Clan - Shame, 6. Tom Morello & Chad Smith & Wu-Tang Clan - Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nothing Ta Fuck Wit) (1999)
* American III: Solitary Man - Johnny Cash (2000)
* Paloalto - Paloalto (2000)
* Renegades - Rage Against The Machine (2000)
* Amethyst Rock Star - Saul Williams (2001)
* Toxicity - System of a Down (2001)
* American IV: The Man Comes Around - Johnny Cash (2002)
* By The Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers (2002)
* Audioslave - Audioslave (2002)
* Steal This Album! - System of a Down (2002)
* Unearthed - Johnny Cash (2003)
* De-Loused in the Comatorium - The Mars Volta (2003) (with Omar Rodriguez-Lopez)
* The Black Album - Jay-Z (2003) ("99 Problems")
* Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium - Rage Against the Machine (2003)
* Heroes and Villains - Paloalto (2003)
* Vol. 3 (The Subliminal Verses) - Slipknot (2004)
* Armed Love - The (International) Noise Conspiracy (2004)
* Crunk Juice - Lil' Jon and the East Side Boyz (2004) ("Stop Fuckin' Wit Me")
* Make Believe - Weezer (2005)
* Out of Exile - Audioslave (2005)
* Mezmerize - System of a Down (2005)
* Hypnotize - System of a Down (2005)
* Fijación Oral 1 - Shakira (2005)
* Oral Fixation 2 - Shakira (2005)
* 12 Songs - Neil Diamond (2005)
* Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers (2006)
* Untitled - Justin Timberlake (2006)
* Untitled - Linkin Park (2006)
* Untitled - Metallica (2006/2007)

HeTill Offline

Admin, Inc.

16.03.2006 18:07
#4 RE: Rick Rubin antworten
Google-Translation (vorher Französisch)

ERWIN MANDELSTAM: Rick Rubin, thank-you to have accepted giving us the exclusivity rights to interview you. We know very well that you someone of very occupied and then we imagine that you had a lot of other suggestions of other colleagues. Therefore thank-you to have chosen our magazine!

RICK RUBIN: Yes! My to manage receives hundreds of fax everyday, of the four corners of the earth! Yesterday south african even a journalist wanted to interview me but unfortunately I have not any times! Indeed, I wanted them to happen in your magazine for I am a constant reader of all that you write and this since 1989. You have very good journalists and of very vouchers criticize also. Something that lacks a little to the United States.

ERWIN MANDELSTAM: Again thank-you. Start with the new one. The majority of the fans, and also the big party of the musical critic, greeted the fact that you rejoin Metallica as producer. Does this thing kind flatter you? Or well you are indifferent?

RICK RUBIN: I would lie if I say that I am indifferent. This being, every thing is at his place. I will collaborate with Metallica and one will work together and this indépendamment of the exterior environment. One has tubby one to do. Now if everyone is happy so better for us! [a reflection time] But this is rather a responsibility. You are as a favorite team and you do not must disappoint the public. Here my state of mind currently. It is necessary to work hard.

ERWIN MANDELSTAM: you under hears that the Horseman were a little lazy during the latter years?

RICK RUBIN: No not at all! I wanted to say by to work hard, do in to go out that this that one wants to do together be most possible most perfect. It does not suffice to say: « Rick Rubin is with Metallica, ok! The whole remainder comes all alone ». I read a little the items that did the cover of my future collaboration with Metallica. On 10 items, 8 said on the whole, that the next album will be a metallic bomb (laugh) that all will go for the better, than it was the magic equation. Baratin journalistique to which one I am accustomed. But the things are not so simple. Nothing is simple. Some does it is necessary to work hard to be able to go out again something perfect. And this always is not evident.

ERWIN MANDELSTAM: How explain you the fact that all over everyone rejoiced that you become the producer of Metallica? Is this that this is of the to the fact that Rock Bobsled has not was at the height of the expectations of the fans? Or well to the fact that you be a producer well side that collaborated notably with Slayer during years or recently with Slipknot, or System of the down?

Now in regards to the first party of your question. My thought more deep is the following one: Rock Bobsled was poorly understand by a big party of the fans. For me, and this is my personal opinion, it is the savior of Metallica. In fact since the black album, Bobsled traced a way for Metallica and I believe Hetfield & co. will remain forever recognizing towards him. But for that it is necessary to come back to the history and leave facts. You know very well that the death of Cliff Burton was a terrible shock for Metallica. Cliff was the one of the better bass players of the era, and I dare to say even history of the low one. It was if I dare to say, the Jimmy Hendrix of the low one. It was someone of special one. A mixture astonishing between John Lennon, Eric Clapton and Stratovarius. A gifted one, a little reserved, and musically phenomenal. It knew how to translate the aggressiveness of James, Lars and Kirk in musical terms. I believe that the four past years with Cliff allowed James and Co. to ripen a little. Nevertheless after his death, the group wanted to show to everyone that the machine Metallica will continue to work. Besides at that very moment they understood that « The Beast », c'est-à-dire it « Monster » Metallica existed, and that was superior to the individualities that the composed. The proof is the following one: « the and Justice for all », gone out in 1988, was the album the more heavy and the most aggressive one of all the history of Metallica. Techniquement it was very difficult and very pointed, it has even put of the problems in live for Metallica so it was complex. But the message is clear: it is true one lost Cliff, it is true that it is the one of the more phenomenal one, but Metallica exists again, the proof: the and justice for all! Nevertheless once the past storm, Metallica could not continue on the even launched without doing pale copies of this album and to repeat itself. For it was difficult to surpass the technicité and such a album aggressiveness without falling in a sort of plagiat. This is here that intervenes Rock Bobsled. It took advantage energy of the group to channel it in a structured thing. This is the Black Album! Rock bobsled was the savior of Metallica. Without him the group would have fallen in a repetition sort musical. It does not be necessary to forget that Rock Bobsled gave again confidence to James Hetfield while working on his voice and on its words. It does not be necessary to forget that it also changed the work method of the group. Before this were James and Lars that decided of all. But thanks to Bobsled, the group works henceforth of a more democratic manner if I dare to say. This is very important. This that the people forget often, this is that Rock Bobsled was next to Metallica in the moments more difficult. There remained with the group during the unending meetings of the psy Phil Towle! Imagine a producer that leaves all grave and follows the members of his group during two years in unending therapy meetings! It is unthinkable! A productive other would have said: « Ok the guys! You are now multimilliardaires! I leave you! Good therapy meetings and call me when you feel better for there I have things to do. » Rock Bobsled wanted to pass the bad quarter of hour with Metallica by professionalism but also and especially by to have. It wanted to give again the confidence to the group. It did not want to loosen the group without that the latter does not make real an album and purifies itself of all the evil that haunted it.

ERWIN MANDELSTAM: That think you of St Anger?

RICK RUBIN: St Anger is produced it of a position specifies. This that a lot of people forget. Fortunately that it did go out Some Kind of Monster to put a little the things on the i's and show to the world the difficult context in which was done l' album. And this position climbs back up I think about the period that followed the gone out of the Load. Since the gone out of the Load in 1996, the fans commencèrent seriously to criticize Metallica. Musically speaking, and indépendamment of all prejudice, Load and Reload constitute musical jewels. But you know very well that the verdict of the fans is often hard. Metallica did not be insensitive to the reaction of the fans. Reload did not be also something that could satisfy the fans, despite as it is for me the one of the better albums of Metallica. Begin then a descent sort in hell for the group. And rare are the persons that some are realized. The group wanted costs that costs to surprise the fans with something aggressive. They did the Garage Inc, then the S&M. But it is only half one –solutions. Jason and James did not agree well and then this is the clash! Thanks to Rock Bobsled always, Metallica have, as I have just said, surpassed the cape of the storms while going out an album that did not be so a commercial album. This is a rage album and of revenge. This is a cry that announces the beginning of a new war, of a new renaissance. In this direction St Anger a condensed energy brute that must be restructured, developed in the next albums. St Anger is therefore a little as And justice for all, c'est-à-dire an album hinge.

ERWIN MANDELSTAM: Therefore the next album, if one follows your logic, will be as the black?

RICK RUBIN: let us Hope the! Why not! A does is there, the next album of Metallica will be in the continuity of St Anger but it more will be structured, more relooké, very aggressive and less crude.

ERWIN MANDELSTAM: That think you of the new bass player Rob Trujillo?

RICK RUBIN: THIS IS an excellent bass players. When I knew, there is some years that it has just rejoined the group I right away telephoned Lars to congratulate it. Rob is also a genius of the low one, it overflows energy, and his game does me a little to think about the one of Cliff Burton

ERWIN MANDELSTAM: the departure of Jason was salutaire for the group?

RICK RUBIN: There also it is necessary to put the things in their context. It was difficult for Jason to fill the space left by Cliff. But it was a big bass player. His departure in 2001 had failed to break the group and to destroy it forever. That shows you to which not at all Jason was an important element in the balance of the group. But now this is old history.

ERWIN MANDELSTAM: In Some Kind Of Monster, one sees well the tension that exists between James and Lars, do you have not fear that such clashes produce themselves in the élaboration of the next album?

RICK RUBIN: I believe that tension always must exist in a group. But she must be used intelligemment in the positive direction. Tension is as something that allows us to always be in watches and to put back itself always in causes. Nevertheless I believe that now groups it agrees wonderfully. And I believe that the ghost of the black years is passed. Metallica have as I said, determined a big party of their problems while going out St Anger, it was a manner to purify itself.

ERWIN MANDELSTAM: does there be problems that exist?

RICK RUBIN: everyone has problems! Me I have problems, you you in have doubtless, even the kind mami of 90 years that lives in the Kansas has problems! If I will collaborate with Metallica this is especially to try to do good music, thing that the group did not lack to do since his beginning.

RICK RUBIN: There also it is necessary to put the things in their context. It was difficult for Jason to fill the space left by Cliff. But it was a big bass player. His departure in 2001 had failed to break the group and to destroy it forever. That shows you to which not at all Jason was an important element in the balance of the group. But now this is old history.

ERWIN MANDELSTAM: In Some Kind Of Monster, one sees well the tension that exists between James and Lars, do you have not fear that such clashes produce themselves in the élaboration of the next album?

RICK RUBIN: I believe that tension always must exist in a group. But she must be used intelligemment in the positive direction. Tension is as something that allows us to always be in watches and to put back itself always in causes. Nevertheless I believe that now groups it agrees wonderfully. And I believe that the ghost of the black years is passed. Metallica have as I said, determined a big party of their problems while going out St Anger, it was a manner to purify itself.

RICK RUBIN: everyone has problems! Me I have problems, you you in have doubtless, even the kind mami of 90 years that lives in the Kansas has problems! If I will collaborate with Metallica this is especially to try to do good music, thing that the group did not lack to do since his beginning.

ERWIN MANDELSTAM: Since « the and justice for all » Metallica never do instrumental pieces, is this that on the next album one will have right a piece of this kind?

RICK RUBIN: in fact, this is since the death of Cliff that the group does not do anymore instrumental pieces, and for causes, Cliff was a musician very open to the classical music and also to the groups of his era that did than instrumental pieces. But a does is there, the work method with which proceeds Metallica did not allow doing instrumental pieces.

ERWIN MANDELSTAM: How that?

RICK RUBIN: Some done James and Co. start with to play the riffs, then these riffs transform themselves in instrumental pieces, and this is there that James there finds wonderful the adequate words. For me James is an unparalleled parolier, if no a big poet (to laugh). It has this talent to fill the emptiness of the things. It gives a soul, a life to the songs. His voice there is doubtless for something therefore, it is normal that the instrumental pieces appear for the group as something unfinished or of primary one. This being I am not against the fact that it do a piece of this kind. Dream Theater did it wonderfully in « Train Of Thought », why not Metallica

ERWIN MANDELSTAM: That think you of the absence of solo on St Anger?

Rick Rubin: it is necessary to see the things with philosophy. It is necessary to say the things as them are: in fact the true evil in which found itself Metallica was some left the to a permanent clash between the ego of James and the one of Lars. Kirk had not so problem, it was the one that played the équilibriste within the trio after the departure of Jason. And this sees itself very well on the film Some Kind of Monster. St Anger was the suffers pain of James and Lars, it was the wall on which duet emptied its cartridges to purify itself and to feel better, this is for this reason than Kirk was a little obliterated on the album. It wanted left James and Lars to unwind itself! The proof look at the sound of the cash register of Lars, this is a manner to express his rage! At last I see the things as that! But this is passenger, Kirk will have his word to say on the next album, just as Rob!

ERWIN MANDELSTAM: Metallica have not gone out of album since 2003, c'est-à-dire since almost 3 years, the next album do not go out before the at the end of 2006, if all is well, of course! Will the things change with your arrival? The rhythm with which go out the albums will it be more accelerated?

RICK RUBIN: I hope it well! It is true that since 2003 Metallica has not gone out of album. This is a little long for the fans. Especially when one sees groups as Dream Theater that go out of the albums every year, to say nothing of the parallel projects of Petrucci, Labrie ect … But it is necessary to return justice to Metallica. In a career of 25 years they produced 10 albums, that is a good average despite the death of Cliff, the departure of Jason, cleans it James, the problem with Napster, and I some pass. One estimates oneself happy!

ERWIN MANDELSTAM: last Rick question, how will be the next album?

RICK RUBIN: Very sincerely the members of the group are very motivated to do an album well heavy. I listened a little their piece that are again in condition to gestation. I believe that the next album will be in my opinion the album the more metal of the group! In this direction it will be very heavy and that will surprise again a lot of people. With the next album another line in the history of the Heavy Metal will be written! What God helps us!

Signatur schreibt gerade Klausuren!

The God that failed Offline

Newkid

16.03.2006 20:15
#5 RE: Rick Rubin antworten

Zitat Rick Rubin: "With the next album another line in the history of the Heavy Metal will be written! What God helps us!"

Na wenn das nicht zuversichtlich klingt. Also ich glaub dran! So wie sich die Jungs beim Hall of Fame für Sabbath gegeben und ausgesehen haben scheints aufwärts zu gehen. Heavy is back!!!!!!!!!!

Saber Rider Offline

Godfather of Metal

16.03.2006 20:30
#6 RE: Rick Rubin antworten

Seit wann redet Rick Rubin soviel über Dream Theater?

CrypticWolf Offline

Godfather of Metal

17.03.2006 01:54
#7 RE: Rick Rubin antworten
so viel???????? er hats doch nur 1-2x angesprochen!;) er beantwortet nur lieber 5x die gleichen fragen!!! (könnte hetill eigtl mal korrigieren/editieren, scheiß scrollerei)

insgesamt hörts sichs aber schon recht vielversprechend an, aber natürlich erstmal abwarten und tee trinken!

I'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exist,
I'm not a slave to a world that doesn't give a shit; (Marilyn Manson)

keep creeping & banging

Masterin86 Offline

Blackened Member

19.03.2006 21:38
#8 RE: Rick Rubin antworten

Also ich hab im Prinzip gar nix gegen Rick Rubin is nur ne grosse Umstellung für alle..
Aber Metallica sind halt so,immer für ne Überaschung gut..
Taste me you will see
more is all you need
Dedicated too
How I'm killing YOU!!

Stagg Offline

Newkid

22.04.2006 21:56
#9 RE: Rick Rubin antworten

Also erst war ich ganz klar dafür dass sie Bob Rock behalten sollten, weil ich ein Klischee im Kopf hate, dass Rubin nicht der richtige sei, da er viel mit Bands wie SOAD etc gemacht hat, die ich nicht mag. Mittlerweile hat sich meine Meinung über ihn ein wenig verändert. Mir ist aufgefallen, dass er sehr flexibel in allen Musikgenres ist. Sehr beeindruckt hat mich sein Album "The man comes around" und "Unearthed" mit Johnny Cash, da zeigt Rubin was für ein potenzial wirklich in ihm drin steckt. Genau beurteilen denke ich kann man ihn erst wenn er die erste Platte in Zusammenarbeit mit Metallica herausgebracht hat.

Kirk Hamster Offline

The Prince/Princess

25.04.2006 12:10
#10 RE: Rick Rubin antworten

25.04.2006: King kommentiert Rubins nächste Aufgaben
Der streitbare SLAYER-Griffbrettschrubber Kerry King ließ sich jüngst über das Engagement von Mischpult-Virtuose Rick Rubin bei METALLICA aus. Im Hinblick darauf, dass Lars Ulrich und Co. den Knöpfchendreher durchaus die nächsten 24 Monate in Beschlag nehmen könnten meinte King:'Das ist doch Zeitverschwendung. […] Für sowas gibt es Proben. […] Rubin wird mit METALLICA alle Hände voll zu tun haben, aber ich bin mir sicher, er ist der Herausforderung mehr als gewachsen.'

Quelle: Rockhard.de

Ziemlich untypisch für kerry King, das er mal nicht über Metallica ablästert .

“You don’t burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored.” - Cliff Burton

Saber Rider Offline

Godfather of Metal

25.04.2006 12:13
#11 RE: Rick Rubin antworten

24 Monate? Wovon redet der Typ?

Um Dave Lombardo zu ziteren: "Kerry King's brain has the size of a.....how do you call it? Hasselnusse!"

Who are you to wave your finger? So full of it. Eyeballs deep in muddy waters, Fucking hypocrite.
Liar, lawyer, mirror show me, what's the difference? Kangaroo done, hung the guilty with the innocent.

When you pissed all over my black kettle, you must have been high, high.
You must have been high, high.

So who are you to wave your finger? Who are you to wave your fatty fingers at me?
You must have been out your mind.

Kirk Hamster Offline

The Prince/Princess

25.04.2006 12:24
#12 RE: Rick Rubin antworten

Mag schon sein aber dafür kann er ganz ordentlich Gitarre spielen .

“You don’t burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored.” - Cliff Burton

felipo Offline

Helpless Member

26.04.2006 14:44
#13 RE: Rick Rubin antworten

aber stimmt doch mit den proben

-[TORS]- Offline

Scary Guy/Gal

26.04.2006 17:06
#14 RE: Rick Rubin antworten

Theoretisch ja.
Nur, dass Metallica halt in ihrem eigenen Studio sitzen und sich dementsprechend Zeit lassen können soviel sie wollen.
Wenn der Herr King meint man übt seinen Kram un schreibt alles fertig bevor man ins Studio geht, dann hat er halt nur insoweit recht, wie man für die Zeit dann auch bezahlt.
Weil wenn nich, joa..dann isses latte.

mfg.
-[TORS]-

el barto Offline

Phantom Member

26.07.2007 18:37
#15 RE: Rick Rubin antworten

@kirk hamster des stimmt! hab seit kurzem reign in blood und die soli sind hammer!!

METAL IS THE WAY!!!

«« Pushead
Fans »»
 Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen