Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Willkommen auf forum.metallicafan.de – die deutsche METALLICA-Community!
Das Forum war Teil der Community von METALLICAfan.de, Deutschlands meistbesuchtester METALLICA-Fansite.
METALLICAfan.de hat nach über 11 Jahren Ende 2010 die Seiten geschlossen. Dieses Forum bleibt weiterhin erhalten. Wir freuen uns auf viele spannende Diskussionen rund um METALLICA, Metal, u.v.m.!
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 110 mal aufgerufen
 Community
hong wei Offline

Helpless Member

21.09.2018 05:39
SAYING GOODBYE Antworten

Philip Rivers doesn't need to see anything more from Patrick Mahomes. In fact http://www.indianapoliscoltsteamonline.com/john-simon-jersey , he'd prefer not to see anything more.

The Chargers' veteran quarterback can already tell his young Chiefs counterpart is the real deal.

Rivers witnessed it up close while Mahomes threw four touchdown passes and led Kansas City to a season-opening 38-28 win over Los Angeles on Sunday in the second-year quarterback's second career start.

Rivers met up with Mahomes on the field after the final whistle and gave a few words of praise to the next big arm in the AFC West.

"I think he has a chance to be a really, really awesome player," Rivers said. "He has some arm talent. I'd like to borrow his arm every now and then. Some of those throws, he can really throw it, and shoot, he's really accurate."

After an offseason of preparation and a preseason that included some tantalizing throws , Mahomes was poised and prepared from the start at StubHub Center. Although he went just 15 of 27 for 256 yards, Mahomes made no turnovers while connecting on several exceptional throws that showcased his vaunted arm strength and his growing touch in equal measure.

Afterward, Mahomes largely shrugged off his success and praised his teammates, showing the maturity that the Chiefs love.

"It felt comfortable out there," Mahomes said. "It helped that we game-planned well. I feel like I was seeing it well and getting it to other hands. There's definitely stuff we have to keep working on. There was stuff I could have hit that I didn't. Little things that I need to improve."

Those little things were dwarfed by Mahomes' ability to make big plays 鈥?with plenty of help from Tyreek Hill and De'Anthony Thomas, of course. The Chiefs' speedy playmakers also have no doubt about Mahomes' ability to handle the responsibility thrust upon him after Alex Smith's departure for Washington.

"Every time Pat steps into the huddle, he is very comfortable," Hill said. "With the play-call Bob Lilly Jersey , he was like, 'OK, guys, let's drive this ball down their throat.' As a receiver, tight end, offensive line, we were like, 'We have a great leader in our huddle.'"

Mahomes' 284-yard performance in last year's regular-season finale at Denver played a role in persuading the Chiefs to leap into the future without Smith. Mahomes promptly became the third quarterback in Chiefs history to throw four touchdown passes in an opener, joining Len Dawson in 1963 and Smith last season.

Mahomes repeatedly found Hill , who finished with seven catches for 169 yards and two TDs, including an exceptional 58-yard catch-and-run in the first quarter. Mahomes got credit for another TD on a 1-yard shovel pass to Thomas , who grew up a few miles from StubHub Center.

Mahomes also completed three passes to Sammy Watkins, the Chiefs' expensive free-agent acquisition as a big-play threat. And his best throw might have been the 36-yard TD pass feathered perfectly to fullback Anthony Sherman late in the third quarter.

Hill made sure Mahomes played with a lead all afternoon by returning a punt 91 yards for a TD after the Chargers' opening possession. The big play provided a lesson to Mahomes on controlling his emotions.

"It was hard after Tyreek returned the punt," Mahomes said. "I tried to calm myself down and run the offense. Last year Vontae Davis Jersey , having that Denver game, I knew when I went out there I was too excited. I needed to calm myself down before making a mistake first."

The Chargers racked up 541 yards and would have kept it close with their division rivals if they hadn't made two huge special teams mistakes. But Rivers realizes he's in for a few years of tough matchups with the Chiefs and Mahomes, whose potential looked unlimited in the cozy confines of the Chargers' temporary home.

"I haven't seen a ton of him, but he was really accurate today on some of those balls," Rivers said. "He seems to have (an arm) that can throw it from any arm angle, and he was poised. He's got a chance. That's what I was kind of trying to tell him after the game. Whether he wanted to hear it from me or not, he's got a chance to be really awesome. Just be steady and keep going. It's just too bad he's in our (division for) those two games (every year)."

Ndamukong Suh had his pick of teams when the Miami Dolphins released him last month. The dominating defensive lineman chose the Los Angeles Rams, who have suddenly become a desirable destination.

Whether it’s the proximity to great weather, smart coaches or Super Bowl contention, NFL stars have been eager to land in LA during the Rams’ intriguing offseason. The 300-pound Suh is the biggest one yet, in every way.

”I think everybody looks at everything on paper, and I would say we’re in pretty good shape on paper,” Suh said Friday.

”But we have a lot of things to prove, and really myself. I always play with a chip on my shoulder http://www.washingtonredskinsteamonline.com/paul-richardson-jersey , and my focus is to come in here and put in a lot of work and prove my worth. … There were a lot of other great teams that I had offers from, but I think this was the best fit for me.”

Rams coach Sean McVay and general manager Les Snead formally introduced Suh, who agreed to a one-year, $14 million deal to team up with AP Defensive Player of the Year Aaron Donald on a potentially ferocious defensive line in Los Angeles.

The 31-year-old Suh said Donald was ”definitely a plus” in his decision, since it’s almost certain to prevent opponents from constantly double-teaming either star. But Suh was equally excited by the presence of defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, whose ability to put talent in positions to succeed has been a major attraction since his arrival last year.

”Being able to be fortunate enough to watch film with the coaches on my visit was important for me,” Suh said. ”Each place I took a visit to, I (would) watch film and talk to the coaches and see how they see me fitting in.”

Suh will be the Rams’ nose tackle in their base 3-4 defense, and he sounded excited about trying a new primary position. Phillips will move around Suh, Donald and Michael Brockers to create trouble for offensive lines, and Suh was attracted to the challenge of forming new skills in his ninth NFL season.

”Over the last five years or so, between Miami and Detroit, to get me out of double teams and kind of being in the trash, I’ve played every single position Josh Norman Jersey , every single technique that’s really possible,” Suh said.

The entire NFL watched last season when McVay and Phillips transformed a team that hadn’t had a winning season since 2003 into an 11-5 champion of the NFC West. The Rams’ offense went from 32nd to first in the NFL in points, while the defense became exciting and effective despite lacking ideal personnel for some of Phillips’ schemes.

The Rams have addressed those personnel issues aggressively with the additions of Suh and elite cornerbacks Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib. While Suh’s contract is a financial splash, McVay and Snead felt the expense was worth it for a player of Suh’s extraordinary ability.

The Rams released cornerback Kayvon Webster to make room for Suh’s contract under the salary cap. Although Los Angeles is interested in re-signing Webster, who started 11 games last season, he might not be ready for the new season after undergoing surgery on his torn Achilles tendon.

Donald still hasn’t been given a long-term contract by the Rams, but Suh is eager to begin the process of building teamwork during their offseason workout program. Suh has never reached a Super Bowl, but he joined the Rams knowing they intend to contend immediately.

”They had a very successful year last year in the regular season,” Suh said. ”And I believe I can be of help to get them over some of the humps.”

Authentic Womens Mason Cole Jersey

LeBron James »»
 Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz