Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Willkommen auf forum.metallicafan.de – die deutsche METALLICA-Community!
Das Forum war Teil der Community von METALLICAfan.de, Deutschlands meistbesuchtester METALLICA-Fansite.
METALLICAfan.de hat nach über 11 Jahren Ende 2010 die Seiten geschlossen. Dieses Forum bleibt weiterhin erhalten. Wir freuen uns auf viele spannende Diskussionen rund um METALLICA, Metal, u.v.m.!
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Hardwired… To Self-Destruct
zhanjiao1212 Offline

Overkill Member

31.10.2018 02:18
Vice-President & Executive Producer of Li Antworten

Ken Ploen remains the undisputed quarterback legend among Blue Bomber fans. Jayson Tatum Jersey . The voting is in and Ploen has been chosen the top quarterback in Blue Bombers history by readers of the Free Press and listeners of TSN1290. “Im very honoured to hear this,” said Ploen, reached by phone at his Winnipeg home on Friday afternoon. “Ive heard a little about his. There have been some pretty great quarterbacks to play for the Bombers over the years and for the fans to choose me, well, thats quite an honour. This is very nice.” Voting began Monday and fans were given the choice of five quarterbacks as chosen by the All-Time Blue Bombers Team panel including legendary coach Bud Grant, former player and GM Paul Robson, Hall of Fame football writer Ed Tait, Andrew “Hustler” Paterson from TSN 1290 and myself. Voters chose Ploen as the All-Time Bombers Team quarterback with Dieter Brock finishing second and then Tom Clements, Jack Jacobs and Khari Jones in descending order. “Ill tell you, I had a pretty good gang around me in those years. We had good football teams and won a lot of games,” said Ploen. “That was truly the best accomplishment. Winning games.” Ploen was born in Lost Nation, Iowa in 1935 and was a major U.S. college football star before coming to Winnipeg and the CFL. The 5-10, 180-pound quarterback led the University of Iowa Hawkeyes to victory in the 1957 Rose Bowl and was named the games MVP. Ploen was an All-American that year and named the Big Ten player of the year. Grant convinced Ploen to join the Bombers and one of the most successful runs in club history soon began to unfold. In all, Ploen was part of six trips to the Grey Cup for the Bombers claiming victory in the title game four times. Ploens 18-yard dash to the endzone in overtime of the 1961 Grey Cup is considered one of the greatest plays in Blue Bombers history. Ploen was inducted into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame in 1975, the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame and Museum in 1987, the Rose Bowl Hall of Fame in 1997, and the Iowa Sports Hall of Fame in 2002. When his career ended, Ploen stayed in Winnipeg and raised his family here. “We all worked while we were playing football and I had a pretty good job,” said Ploen. “When my career was over, well, I hadnt been back to the U.S. in such a long time, there was really nothing there for me. But I was able to work in Winnipeg and our family grew up here. Winnipeg is what I call home.” The Free Press print and digital editions as well as www.tsn1290.ca will run stories on Monday outlining the careers of the finalists selected by our panel. Voting will take place on both websites. Vote a maximum of once per day and help choose the Blue Bombers player you consider the best at the following positions to be presented in this order: Quarterback, offensive lineman, linebacker, kicker, kick returner, running back, defensive lineman, defensive back and receiver. Custom Boston Celtics Jerseys . Yet now its time for the most important pick of them all; the Grey Cup. The thought of going 5-0 with the correct choice is quite intoxicating, I dont think I have ever gone perfect in my CFL futuristic playoff speculations and would take great pride in guessing - I mean analyzing - correctly. Reggie Lewis Jersey . Better still, its in the same team and there are 13 races left for it to develop. http://www.celticsofficialsstore.com/kids-kevin-mchale-celtics-jersey/ .com) - Sixth-seeded Feliciano Lopez was a first-round winner on Monday at the Delray Beach Open tennis event.What a timely trip to the City of Champions. This was an unexpected trip to Edmonton because at the beginning of the season I was not slated to make the trek to where it all began for me some 30 years ago. Then I received a phone call from Paul Graham, Vice-President & Executive Producer of Live Events for TSN, and he notified me that Edmonton was interested in having me get involved with the Canadian Football Hall of Fame Weekend by emceeing a few events. That got the ball rolling for yours truly to get out to my old stomping grounds and have a chance to call the Montreal at Edmonton game, plus get involved with the aforementioned HOF events. Bonus! I could not believe how lucky I was. You see, of the six inductees selected into the Hall this season I had a direct link to five. Crazy! I played with all four players going in and yelled at the other for fourteen years while playing. Why? Well thats easy. It was the legendary CFL official John "Jake" Ireland. We definitely had our nose-to-nose, get-it-all-out, knock-down, drag-out confrontations before. But now we are friends and it meant for some pretty good ole stories out in Edmonton this past week. And like I said before, Id played and was teammates with Brian Fryer, Dan Ferrone, Earl Winfield and Miles Gorrell. Don Loney, "Father of Maritime Football" and legendary coach at St. FX, was the other deserving inductee. Mr. Loney passed away in 2004 so his brother Ted and his lovely wife Jan were in attendance to accept the honor bestowed on Mr. Loney. Needless to say the hospitality suite was rocking each night we were in Edmonton, giving all the inductees and their families a chance to celebrate and tell some lies and endless hilarious stories. This made the week one that took a serious toll on the remaining brain cells I have left. Greg Monroe Jersey. It all started with the Jacket Presentations on Wednesday evening, the bust unveiling on Thursday morning, the dinner and speeches Thursday evening then the Hall of Fame Game Saturday afternoon. I cant tell you how proud I was for the class of 2013 but also for the City of Champions. Although the professional sports in Edmonton may not be living up to the top billing lately, the people of Edmonton and their fans certainly are once again! Over 1,100 folks attended the Edmonton Eskimos Gala Dinner in conjunction with the 50th Anniversary of the Canadian Football Hall of Fame celebration and the Induction Ceremonies for the class of 2013. Dave Randorf co-hosted the induction portion of the evening with me; basically we just tried not to screw things up because Aquila Productions had everything under control. It was truly a stellar evening. The work and effort that goes into something of this magnitude is overwhelming and often a labour of love for all involved. A Big "slow clap" for Executive Director of the Canadian Football Hall of Fame Mark DeNobile and Manager, Marketing and Events Sarah Lajeunesse. Id be remiss if I did not mention the ageless and wonderful Allan Watt, Vice Presiden,t Marketing and Communications for the Eskimos and the beautiful and talented Amy Moats, Marketing and Game Operations Coordinator for the Esks. The man usually in charge of everything Aquila was nowhere to be seen. Unfortunately the brilliantly talented Don Metz was ill and in the hospital. Only good thoughts for Don and a speedy recovery! You would have been proud of your team, in particular Glenn Wiun. A tip of the hat to everyone involved in an unforgettable weekend recognizing the CFHOF Class of 2013. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz